MFP

Options
Hi guys,

How long it took you to lose weight from MFP?

How much have u lost in first week and a months?

Are you keep your calories under a day?

Replies

• brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I net 1200 calories via diet and exercise (meaning if I burn 600 calories then I eat 1800 to net 1200) and have lost 30 lbs in a little over 3 months. I started at 220. I track all my calories every day and weigh my foods, etc.... Some days are harder than others.
  • tropiz9
    tropiz9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's amazing loss 30lbs in 3 months! Well done!.. it must be hard work doing it weigh, track etc :)
  • mrwilson4112
    mrwilson4112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ^ That's about the same for me in terms of frequency of checking, calorie consumption, and documenting everything (food and exercise). My doctor also said that I need to watch my sodium intake as my blood pressure was on the high side from normal. I started a little more than two weeks ago at about 196 and am at 188 today (~4 pounds per week). My goal is 165 pounds within then next 3-4 months. I'm slowly ramping up my exercise as I build up stamina from having done absolutely none.
  • tropiz9
    tropiz9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Mr Wilson,

It's amazing! -4 pound a week per was good loss!... Well done and keep going
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Well, for the first year I lost on average 1lb per week, which was my goal. I have an aesthetic as well as a weight goal, losing 2-4lbs per week is unhealthy and would greatly reduce the chances of me meeting my aesthetic goal.

Since then it has been slower due to various issues. I have about 20lbs left to lose (60 lost so far with some small fluctuations up along the way) and am in no rush because again, it's primarily about aesthetics at this point. Fuelling my fitness goals and maintaining muscle mass is important to me.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I net 1200-1400/day over the week. Am on my second 'vanity' phase after maintaining a loss of 30 pounds for a few years. Lost 5kg over a 1 month period.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 calories a day work out when i can, and i cut out red meat but since using MFP I lost 9 lbs over a course of three weeks. 23lbs total.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have lost 31 lbs pounds since November last year. I have 28 left to lose
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34 pounds since April. I eat 1200 calories a day, walk 45 minutes or more a day, zumba 3 times a week. I
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for right at 45 days. Down 15 lbs so far. A lot of small meals, snacks. Lot of rigorous workouts. I know I don't have to watch my macros, but I do and it helps.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    tropiz9 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

How long it took you to lose weight from MFP?

How much have u lost in first week and a months?

Are you keep your calories under a day?

I started with my fitness pal in January 2015 and struggled a lot. I'm 4'11" and started at 143 and I'm currently 121. I started using a food scale in december of 2016 and have lost almost 22lbs. I'm in maintenance now and eat between1600 and 2000 calories a day.