Hi

Options
I recently joined myfitnesspal, since my free trial membership on Bob Greene's Bestlife.com will end soon. I can't believe he charges $5 a week to do the same thing this site does for free. I can't believe how greedy some people can be.
I've lost 11 pounds since January 2, and I love counting calories. It's like getting a new paycheck every day and deciding how wisely to spend it all day. I've also increased my workout schedule, although my husband's recuperation from knee replacement surgery has interfered somewhat lately.
Good luck finding your authentic self through whatever program you're using, all you fellow members!

Replies

• Lynne
    Lynne Posts: 12
    Options
    I recently joined myfitnesspal, since my free trial membership on Bob Greene's Bestlife.com will end soon. I can't believe he charges $5 a week to do the same thing this site does for free. I can't believe how greedy some people can be.
    I've lost 11 pounds since January 2, and I love counting calories. It's like getting a new paycheck every day and deciding how wisely to spend it all day. I've also increased my workout schedule, although my husband's recuperation from knee replacement surgery has interfered somewhat lately.
    Good luck finding your authentic self through whatever program you're using, all you fellow members!
  • StartingNew
    Options
    welcome to the site:flowerforyou:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynne,

Amen to that. $5 a week is greedy. I am all for not giving them any more of our money to play with.

I love your comparison to the paycheck. That is how i feel about doing this site and I've been doing it for two months and have lost my goal amount of 8 lbs. I still have 29 lbs. to go, but I am doing it at 1 pound a week.

Welcome to the site.

Connie Lynn
  • Newmein08
    Options
    Welcome:smile:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome....:smile: this is my second week I was on Weight Watchers I got tried of paying 16.95 a month. I was thrill to find this site. :drinker:
    :drinker:
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with all your goals.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Welcome Lynne! So glad you found MFP. I absolutely love it. You're right it beats paying someone else to do nothing while we do all the hard work.