My belly sticks out!!

Options
I've been losing weight for months and I'm very close to my goal, currently I'm 5'8 with 165lbs and my goal is 154lbs but my belly still sticks out a lot. Is it normal?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Post a pic.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Sure. But without a picture no one can say whether it's fat, bloat, poor posture, etc.
  • GMPunk0723
    GMPunk0723 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mmm, I don't know how to post one
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Sure. But without a picture no one can say whether it's fat, bloat, poor posture, etc.

• bbell1985
    Options
    I'm sure you can figure it out. There is an attachment button right above the text box.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's trendy, mostly. I think a lot of people actually like the taste. I don't care for it, myself.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    What sort of fitness plan are you on? Get to work on your obliques that should help rein in your tummy... recently saw a young lady... at the gym with a neoprene waist "cincher" perhaps wearing a similar assist like spanx will improve your posture and pull your abdomen in to where you are more comfortable with your silhouette
  • bbell1985
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    What sort of fitness plan are you on? Get to work on your obliques that should help rein in your tummy... recently saw a young lady... at the gym with a neoprene waist "cincher" perhaps wearing a similar assist like spanx will improve your posture and pull your abdomen in to where you are more comfortable with your silhouette

No. Those waist cinchers do nothing.

I saw the OPs belly on his profile page. He needs a calorie deficit but also needs to build muscle. Body fat percentage is high.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's trendy, mostly. I think a lot of people actually like the taste. I don't care for it, myself.

What you talkin bout?

No idea. I managed somehow to post this comment on the entirely wrong thread.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There's no link photo/tiny camera on the app for Android, you guys. To see that option you have to actually log onto MFP via your phone's browser, then log on to the desktop site, and then go to community through there.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's normal for stomach fat to be the last to go. If you are undermuscled you are going to have a softer look when at an otherwise healthy weight as well. Sounds like you will need to lose more fat than you expected in order to lose the stomach. That is exceedingly common (many people underestimate the amount of fat they have on their bodies and don't understand that some areas will lean out sooner than others since some areas have less fat than others.)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Try doing planks to make your abdominal muscles stronger and help flatten out.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

What you talkin bout?

Wrong thread :)?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It's normal for stomach fat to be the last to go. If you are undermuscled you are going to have a softer look when at an otherwise healthy weight as well. Sounds like you will need to lose more fat than you expected in order to lose the stomach. That is exceedingly common (many people underestimate the amount of fat they have on their bodies and don't understand that some areas will lean out sooner than others since some areas have less fat than others.)

Winner winner chicken dinner

...hmmm, now I am hungry for chicken.
  • BullishBull
    BullishBull Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's hard to comment without a picture, but if your belly sticks out this can be due to lordosis.
  • FitFedin31
    FitFedin31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as the guy who started the thread. I'm 5'3 and 109lbs and no matter what I do; I still have a belly. I don't want to drop any weight, just the gut. I have had 2 C-sections so that isn't working in my favor haha
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    There's no link photo/tiny camera on the app for Android, you guys. To see that option you have to actually log onto MFP via your phone's browser, then log on to the desktop site, and then go to community through there.

I have an Android and have the camera icon on my phone/reply box.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    FitFedin31 wrote: »
    I have the same issue as the guy who started the thread. I'm 5'3 and 109lbs and no matter what I do; I still have a belly. I don't want to drop any weight, just the gut. I have had 2 C-sections so that isn't working in my favor haha

I feel you. I'm recomping instead at this point since with my build, I start to get too thin in some places if I go below my goal maintenance range. Hopefully that will do the trick over time!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »

No. Those waist cinchers do nothing.

I saw the OPs belly on his profile page. He needs a calorie deficit but also needs to build muscle. Body fat percentage is high.

I agree, not to mention it doesnt teach you how to use your abs effectively either in my opinion. you have to learn to engage your abs when working out,a cincher /waist trainer isnt going to help you do that.