Hi! I'm a newbie. And a workout rookie.

Options
My name is Sara and I'm 30 (30 is the new 20).

I'm getting married in 3 months and decided to get some last minute support to shed some weight. I need to lose more than I can lose in 3 months, but I'm also going to the Bahamas in February and hoping to actually enjoy myself instead of hiding in my hotel room. When it comes down to it, I'm looking to be truly happy. I have it all right now... good job, great soon-to-be-husband, loving parents, adorable new puppy. But I'm missing out because I'm 100 pounds overweight. I'm ready to live my life - I have 30 years to make up!

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Welcome...friend me if you would like!! :happy:
  • notmeanymore29
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Ive been on my goal for a while but just recently joined MFP myself. I can tell you that the support system here is incredible. Add me as a friend if you like, so we can motivate each other :)
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! I'm new here too, 5 days in! Love it here so far! Lots of information being shared.
    Add me if you'd like!
    I'm trying to drop some pounds in time for Hawaii in October! :-)
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you're 100 lbs overweight, you can lose up to 50-60 lbs by February. You're going to have to work your butt off for it, but it will be worth it :)

Cardio is great at first if you're a beginner, but once you hit a plateau, drop it and do high-intensity interval training, it's way more effective at melting the fat away.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you'd like!
  • gooberkn
    gooberkn Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me if you want too! MFP is a great support system and such an easy tool to use to keep track of your exercising and healthy eating lifestyle changes. Good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding!
  • minirif
    minirif Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! My first goal is to lose 38 pounds. Then on to bigger goals from there. (I work better in baby steps).
  • youresuchatease
    Options
    Hi, I just joined as well. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile: