Gained weight after quit smoking

Options
jaxburt
jaxburt Posts: 16 Member
Hello everyone, hoping to find some inspirational friends on here.

Replies

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I searched "quit smoking" and found your post. I am looking for support to stop smoking. Please excuse me if that is not the inspirational friends you are looking for.

I took up smoking again a year ago after having been smoke free for 3 years, Ugggg! I decided on Saturday I would quit again. That decision coincides with my hitting the low end of my maintenance weight. Purchased an ecig on Saturday afternoon and have had only 2 cigarettes since the purchase, gained a pound though, hoping it's just normal fluctuations as I was within my calorie range.

Good luck to you in achieving your goals!
  • SarzJWix
    SarzJWix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit smoking and lose weight at the same time. Probably not the best way of doing it, but I'm an all or nothing kinda gal, so the aim is 'healthy' rather than a specific weight loss goal. I'm vaping too, so hoping that a gradual decrease in nicotine will be easier that way. Especially as I'm horribly allergic to those NRP patches!
    Feel free to add me, anybody else trying to quit.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ok now, we have a team of 3!
    The last time I quit I also decided to lose weight, so it can be done. I have an elliptical at home and I would jump on it often, it really helped a lot. Try exercising more, today I'm going to take a walk at lunch with my vape rather than having a smoke. I'm terrified of gaining the weight.
  • SarzJWix
    SarzJWix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a two year old German Shepherd who is very very keen on the 'more exercise' theory :D
  • udebear
    udebear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hay guys. Read "the easy way to stop smoking" by Allan Carr. It tipped me and my hubby over the edge. I am smoke free 106days now and 6kg lighter with the help of the book, mfp, my garmin watch and supportive hubby.
    No cravings just a great new start, couldnt even imagine why I would have smoked in the first place now, I am a nonsmoker.
    I walk 3km before brekky, run for 30mins on the treadmill after lunch and weight train 5nights a week. It feels great
  • jaxburt
    jaxburt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's 3! I guess nobody ever said it would be easy. It was just time for me. I quit on Easter, then ate 2 gallons of chocolate ice cream every day. I gained weight quickly. I still want a cigarette everyday but I go on a walk instead. After completing the walk, I feel fantastic.