has anyone tryed the oatmeal diet

Options
omg!!!!I can't believe all these haters....the oatmeal diet is great and perfectly healthy. ....I lost 1 pound and have been on it one day, and i didn't even do it right yesterday I ate other stuff besides oatmeal. ..I'm fixing that tho today. ...let these haters eat however they want and stay fat. yes the oatmeal diet is awesome..love it I am even blending 1/4 cup instant into my coffee in the morning so I kill two birds w one stone...keeps me full and tastes great....this was my own invention and it works perfectly...

Replies

• cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As much as I love oats, prefer a variety... :)
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you are going to do this long-term, consider taking a multi-vitamin since you could lack some nutrients. Most important: Diets Don't Work. It is long-term diet changes that will keep that weight off.
    Eventually consider a healthy eating plan with fruits and veggies. Water weight loss is common when starting a diet (for the first week or two). I see you just started here today. Log everything and you will succeed (with time).
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you want to just eat oatmeal thats fine, no big deal. However, are you going to ONLY eat oatmeal for the rest of your life?
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every now and then. After a while though, that gets pretty boring. Depending on how I work out on whatever day it is, sometimes I prefer more protein.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY YOU ARE RIGHT! There are so many haters. Thanks to your post I am now on the Laughing My A$s Off diet plan. I do worry what I will look like when I lose just the *kitten* though. Can I spot reduce it instead? Maybe if I just laugh a little.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    nsis
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't this be in chit-chat? I thought it was pretty funny, but a lot of people seem to take it seriously x)
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mixing outs with coffee sounds strangely delicious. I think I'll give that a try.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    omg!!!!I can't believe all these haters....the oatmeal diet is great and perfectly healthy. ....I lost 1 pound and have been on it one day, and i didn't even do it right yesterday I ate other stuff besides oatmeal. ..I'm fixing that tho today. ...let these haters eat however they want and stay fat. yes the oatmeal diet is awesome..love it I am even blending 1/4 cup instant into my coffee in the morning so I kill two birds w one stone...keeps me full and tastes great....this was my own invention and it works perfectly...

Okay - reality check (if this isn't a troll post)

1 pound = 3,500 calories. Did you really eat 3,500 calories below your maintenance yesterday? If not, your weight loss is a high % of water weight fluctuation (waste cycle, lower sodium, etc).

A very low protein diet will help you lose a larger % of lean muscle mass too. I don't want to stay fat, but then again I would rather lose weight is a healthy way too. Oatmeal diet?....no thanks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    omg!!!!I can't believe all these haters....

Who are these haters. This is the first post I've seen referencing an "oatmeal diet."
    the oatmeal diet is great and perfectly healthy.

What does it involve? Eating only oats?
    ....I lost 1 pound and have been on it one day, and i didn't even do it right yesterday I ate other stuff besides oatmeal. ..

One day means nothing. Weight fluctuating down a lb in one day is extremely common and says nothing about how well a particular diet plan will work.
    I'm fixing that tho today. ...let these haters eat however they want and stay fat.

You think they are fat and will stay fat because they don't think eating only oats is a good idea? Interesting.
    yes the oatmeal diet is awesome..love it I am even blending 1/4 cup instant into my coffee in the morning so I kill two birds w one stone...keeps me full and tastes great....this was my own invention and it works perfectly...

What if I like coffee from beans, not instant? Or not mixed with oats -- seems a good way to ruin the coffee experience, to me, but then I don't think of the desire for a good cup of coffee "killing a bird" -- if you don't care for coffee, why consume it?

Anyway, I'm assuming the "haters" (if they exist) were more concerned about the low protein and lack of fat in oats, as well as lack of micros found in a diet diverse with many vegetables and a variety of other foods, and not the fact that oats are also low on caffeine.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every now and then. After a while though, that gets pretty boring. Depending on how I work out on whatever day it is, sometimes I prefer more protein.

At times when I've been sick I wanted only oats. It was weird. Only lasted a couple of days and I had some milk with them and even some protein powder, so eh. Oats are great, but not IMO a good monodiet. But I don't really think any monodiet is great.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I lost 1 pound and have been on it one day, and i didn't even do it right yesterday
    No you didn't. That was probably all due to water depletion if it happened at all.
    You would need to have had a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound in "one day."

BTW, enjoy the muscle loss and nutritional deficiencies.

• chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

At times when I've been sick I wanted only oats. It was weird. Only lasted a couple of days and I had some milk with them and even some protein powder, so eh. Oats are great, but not IMO a good monodiet. But I don't really think any monodiet is great.

I really like adding almond milk or PB2 as well as flax seeds or chia seeds! Sometimes when I don't feel well, all I want is a peanut butter sandwich, so I totally get it!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I really like adding almond milk or PB2 as well as flax seeds or chia seeds! Sometimes when I don't feel well, all I want is a peanut butter sandwich, so I totally get it!

Yeah, I've added peanut powder and hemp hearts, and they were tasty too.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My brother told me he was going to only eat oatmeal for two weeks I thought this was just one of the crazy ways he came up with to lose weight but this is a real thing? I'll say the same thing I told him Why and why set yourself up to fail? Just eat at a deficit and you will lose.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Coffee and oats mixed. Maybe add a bit of nutrition by adding some frozen Kale?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No thanks. Oa meal is ok, but not so I'd be ok with eating only that for a prolonged period of time. That sounds like something you'd do to prisoners or something
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It's the Big Brother diet
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    This is a troll post right? sigh