in 5 weeks you'll weigh....

Options
Just wondering if anyone has actually put this to the test?? I'm thinking about eating and exercising exactly the same as today just to see how accutrate the MFP calculator is.

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    its pretty close
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing. I'd like to know how your test goes.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Not accurate at all, I have checked it already, it doesn't take into account plateaus (I've had 2 so far in a 5 week span). I think it is meant as a motivator.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ditto, I'll be watching for your test results
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    If you are consistent in your net calories it is pretty accurate - within half a pound I have seen with myself and one of my other friends that track.....
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Doubled post
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Nope. Not even close. I've been on a plateau for about 8 months now. :huh:
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    oh i cannot wait to see, so far its accurate for me. i have not been on this site for 5 weeks yet, more like 2 or 3, and i have already lost over 12 lbs. so i am thinking it is accurate. as long as you log all your food and exercise.
  • Isisnile
    Isisnile Posts: 34
    Options
    I tried. It lied but to be fair I did see a drop in dress size just not the weight it quoted me:-( But inch loss is still a winner in my book :-)
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I think it is there to help motivate you but I haven't had any luck with it working out yet. I'm trying not to focus so much on a number now and just get my body healthy. Good luck!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    haha, good luck to ya! I don't think I'd want to be the same every day, but that's just me.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not accurate at all, I have checked it already, it doesn't take into account plateaus (I've had 2 so far in a 5 week span). I think it is meant as a motivator.
    This. According to these estimates, I should be under 140 by now. But at least in the beginning it was exciting!
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As a very general rule, it seems to work. One suggestion I saw a while back (and stole) was to copy and paste this info into your food notes, 5 weeks from today. That way, when you get to 5 weeks from today, you can see if it's right or not. I remember seeing the numbers I'm at now on the "in 5 weeks" blurb a while back, but I don't remember the dates and then wasn't super consistent in tracking for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July.
  • LaraMH82
    LaraMH82 Posts: 19
    Options
    oo, but you've lost 62 lbs! Good for you, that's a real achievement! I hear it's pretty common to plateau after a large loss, so just hang in there!
  • misstorree
    misstorree Posts: 20
    Options
    not accurate at all for me. it said id lose 15-20 pounds by eating the same amount ive eaten for years. guess it's more of a motivator for me
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've got my eye on it...as it states what my goal is. We shall see...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jay3126
    Jay3126 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am excited to see what it says i'll weigh in five weeks!

Starting weight: 174lbs
    Goal weight: 124lbs

5 week weight: 165lbs (lets see if its true)

so this should happen by August 26th! I will keep you posted
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that it is probably an estimate since my goals are to lose 2 lbs a week so MFP set me at a calorie goal of 1240 per day but this has led to an average loss of 1 lb. per week. Every body is different and you really can't go by MFP numbers but I would be curious to see how your experiment turns out.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    thanks for all the posts guys. Rissadean gr8 idea. I have been in a plateau for 3 weeks now and foolishly I get excited everytime I see the "in 5 weeks...." It was a good motivator to start with but now I feel myself just thinking "yeah right" hey ho watch this space