Almonds usually do the trick.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    natural is better than pharmacutical.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    My opinion that they are just a waste of money a gimmick..

But like above natural might be good..
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    eating usually suppresses my hunger.
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    pills.
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    natural is better than pharmacutical.

Totally agree. Review your diet and make sure you have good protien , complex carbs and high fiber in your diet. All great for keeping the energy up and the hunger away (for a while).
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    ugh, me too. but if i eat when i'm hungry, i eat too much
  • 100poundstolose
    Options
    Do you mean food or pills????
    pills
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    the best one that works for me is....

sugar free jello. you warm up 8 oz of water. i usually do 6 oz, and mix sugar free jello into a cup. eat it with a spoon, it jells in your stomach and fills you up as it cools in your stomach. . i do this when i am starved and within 45 mins, i am no longer hungry. :)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Coffee, vegetables, brushing your teeth, doing your nails (can't eat with wet nails), a hot bubble bath.
  • SkinnySauce
    Options
    I drink Coffee or a Diet coke with a huge glass of water. I know everyone has their own opinions about aspartame and the caffeine...But they really work for me and I think it's so much better than raiding the food closet!!! They save my butt (literally) haha sooooo many calories.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I tried it once a few years ago and I definitely didn't lose any weight while using it. It may have helped some, but I think gaining control over my mind was the best thing I ever did. Honestly, I don't think it would hurt...but if you're hungry, just eat veggies and things that really don't matter if you munch on them.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options

This made me giggle. OP - I have never tried it. I think not using anything un natural is your best bet to stay healthy and keep the weight off.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    ugh, me too. but if i eat when i'm hungry, i eat too much

Try and eat much slower. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize you are full. If you eat your food really slowly (ball ache I know!) then you will feel fuller after a much smaller amount of food. Don't be tempted to finish your plate either.
  • lynnruiz81
    lynnruiz81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat every 2-3hrs that helps keep your hungry under wraps, normally any suppressants do a number on your metabolism even though its natural, this is a life style change, we need to learn and reteach ourselves to eat properly and do it the right way. With time you will get the hang of it . Eat foods that are also healthier and not to processed, I usually have a cliff mojo bar it has a good amount of protein and it helps me....or you can get 1tbs of almond butter on whole wheat toast with slices of banana thats filling or you can dip apples into the almond butter..........find foods that will keep you full.Ck the protein amount the more it has the more filling it is =)

Good luck!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like appetite suppressants are a logical thing to think about, but consider this: are you going to take them for the rest of your life?

I realized that, for me, I needed to learn how to deal with my hunger and manage it in a way that I could live with forever. A lifestyle change answers that. It's not quick or easy (though, really, it's not that hard).

I eat multiple times throughout the day. I identify the foods that are healthy, that fill me and are satisfying (right now, cherries are my thing). Plums are very filling too. I eat sanely between meals. And most importantly, I have learned that I don't *actually* shrivel up and die if I am hungry. I have learned that I am not a helpless slave to hunger, once I decide that I am worth it. (My only problem is still in the evening, but I am working on that...and winning.)
  • angieaanderson
    Options
    supplements and such are quick fixes. IF you do lose weight, you'll put it back on once you go off the pills. it's not really promoting a healthy lifestyle, putting all those weird chemicals in your body. you're young. you've got a better chance at losing weight naturally and easily than some of us "old folk" do ;) try eating healthy five times a days-- three meals and two snacks. if you feel the need to munch in between, get up and talk a walk, drink a huge glass of water, etc. nine times out of ten, you are just bored-hungry.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    the best one that works for me is....

sugar free jello. you warm up 8 oz of water. i usually do 6 oz, and mix sugar free jello into a cup. eat it with a spoon, it jells in your stomach and fills you up as it cools in your stomach. . i do this when i am starved and within 45 mins, i am no longer hungry. :)

Actually, I forgot about this trick...it may not be as natural as some, but I crave a sweet right after lunch, and eating a sugar free jello cup helps me forget about having a coke and/or piece of chocolate. Not an every day thing, but now and then it helps.

Chewing gum is another thing that helps me...when my mouth tastes minty, the only thing I crave is water, and everything else has an "off" taste so I won't touch it.

I've debated suppressants before, even stood in the aisle at Target and checked them out, but in the end, I know my eating is triggered by emotional needs and stress, and no suppressant in the world will fix that for me. Once I quit, I will be right back to where I am now.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Those medicinal teas work very well. I think maybe one is called "Healthy Fasting". It will help decrease appetite, but cravings are all in your head.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    What a crazy concept. I like the way you think!