i get everything to the goal/limit and have cals left

Options
i dont know what to eat to get cals and no fat or the other things on here, i always hit those and then need more cals- so i cant stay under or at those and where i need to be with my cals
what am i doing wrong
oh and also what is the amout of water i should drink i always feel like i am bloated when i drink the 8 glasses... i dont wanna gain:sad:

Replies

• SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Always on the verge of being over on sugar/sodium/carbs, but way under on cals. I recommend more vegetables. They have some calories, but really not much else. Also, maybe add a glass of juice or some kind of beverage with some calories. That can help you reach your cal goal. Fruits are good, but they do have a lot of sugar. I don't know what all nutrients you are monitoring, so it's kind of hard to give other food suggestions.

As for the water, I drink 10-15 cups a day, so I'm not one to help with that!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Remember for the water it's 8 CUPS, not glasses....the measurement, ie 8 fluid ounces. So 64 oz minimum for a day, better if you can get it up around half of your body weight in ounces (ie, if you weigh 200lbs you drink 100oz.). By not drinking the water you are at more risk for retaining water weight and remember to weigh yourself in the mornings when you aren't all full of water :bigsmile:
  • jcezzell
    jcezzell Posts: 26
    Options
    but the water wont bloat or make you gain? thats confusing what about "water weight?"
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One thing I can tell you for sure - drinking water will absolutely NOT cause you weight gain!
    Edit: Water weight is when your body holds on to water as much as it can if you're not drinking enough. That's why when people start dieting and start drinking the amount of water they /should/ be drinking, their bodies stop holding on to it (the body knows it doesn't have to anymore) and [water] weight loss ensues. :)
  • killagb
    Options
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz mason jar at work that I try my best to fill up and empty 3 times a day, but given my weight, I should probably be doing more like 4 glasses. I'm really bad about not filling it up and emptying it out tho, so a lot of times I'll stand at the water cooler near the end of the day, down an entire jar and then fill it up again, lol.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    but the water wont bloat or make you gain? thats confusing what about "water weight?"

Try peeing.. that will take care of the bloat :)

In all seriousness though, it won't make you bloat or gain. It will however flush out your system and get rid of all the salt, toxins, etc.
  • jcezzell
    jcezzell Posts: 26
    Options
    that blog/site was informative thanks.
    so how many oz of water is each cup?
  • killagb
    Options
    8 fluid ounces. Most of your average larger size cups are about 16 ounces. If it's one of those short cocktail size cups, that's a cup.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sigh, not this again...

You DON'T need to drink 8 cups of water a day. Your body needs 8 cups of fluid. If you're eating a healthy diet with fruit, veg, etc, you get 3-4 cups from that alone. Factor in your other beverages, be it tea, juice, whatever, and you get your required amount of fluid without even touching a cup of pure water.

People only drink neat water because they either enjoy it, want to be safe, or believe the myth probably started by bottled water companies that you must drink 8 cups of water a day.