Truly Unbelievable NSV

Options
jkestens63
jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
Monday ran on the treadmill for 23 consecutive minutes- a personal best. My goal has been to run for 30 minutesby summer's end (Labor Day). Today I was on the treadmill and felt great SO I RAN FOR 30 MINUTES!!! I may not be the quickest bunny in the pack but I'm not the turtle anymore.

I call this truly unbelievable because a little over 3 years ago I was so morbidly obese I could not walk to the end of my driveway. I would not go to a store unless therre were scooters available. I still struggle- my eating choices over the past 3 months have led to stalled weight loss but I have never wavered in my workouts. And now that has been rewarded.

YOU CAN CHANGE- YOU CAN ACHEIVE!!

Replies

• misstorree
    misstorree Posts: 20
    Options
    thats awesome!! i still can't run for more than 10 consecutive minutes. great job! :D
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That is such an excellent NSV! You are doing an amazing job girl! My goal was to run a 5k consecutively. I've only done it once so far but I'm continuing to push.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! :D
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Wow -- what an inspiration!

I'd tried running for a while, but gave up. Might have to try again now.
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's not an easy accomplishment and you should be very proud :flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome!!! I cannot run. I swear I've tried many times but I think I'm destined to have horrible shin splints..ugh!
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Right now I can only walk. But I will be a runner someday!!

:) Kate
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
    Great job!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO!!! You're my hero!!! Hope I can say that some day....I'm definitely the turtle!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congratulations! It feels so great to push yourself past what you thought you could do. You're stronger than you think. Way to go! Inspiring to me as I am into week 2 of a C25K program.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! :drinker: Thank you for sharing!! I am so very proud of YOU!!! :love: That is definitely a NSV!!!!:bigsmile: Keep up the awesome work you are doing. :flowerforyou: You truly are such an inspiration to so many of us!!!!! :heart: Sabrina
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! you should be really proud!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well done, must feel terrific to be able to reach goals like that. Goals that probably seemed impossible a few years ago!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    WOwwwwwwwwwweeeee!!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Truly inspirational!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great achievement for anyone but for someone who used to rely on a scooter it is truly amazing! Go you!
  • Wildinutah8009
    Options
    What does NSV mean? Thanks I'm a newbie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!