Weighing Self several times a day

Options
Do you ever, just once in a while, weigh yourself several times a day.. just to see what changes?

I've been doing it today and my weight has gone down all day... which is weird because shouldn't it go up all day?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Did you eat something really salty a day or two ago? Could be water loss
  • PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Could be. I just got back onto the diet yesterday, so a couple of days ago I was eating whatever I felt like. Also, the AC is broke at work so I could be dehydrated. I was just wondering if anyone else had this random habit.
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No. It seems a bit too obsessive and I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to weighing lpl. Besides I weigh naked for maximum accuracy so couldn't really be assed!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am typically lighter in the afternoon than in the morning. But I sweat a lot at work and lose quite a bit of water.
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nope. My body does weird things anyway. Like, if I drink 1 glass of water, suddenly I've gained 1 lbs on the scale. XD So I just don't bother.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know weight fluctuations are natural so I don't need to be jumping on and off the scale all day long.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day all the time. I only record my first weight of the day though. My weight goes down occasionally, but it usually goes up.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I used to. I even had some ridiculous app that let me record multiple weights a day. It felt obsessive after awhile. Now I do it in the morning. And sometimes in the evening before bed if I had an off day, either food or activity wise, just for s and gs.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    WyldHaggis wrote: »
    Nope. My body does weird things anyway. Like, if I drink 1 glass of water, suddenly I've gained 1 lbs on the scale. XD So I just don't bother.

That's not weird at all. 16 oz ( a large glass) of water weighs about a pound so it is expected that you'd be a pound heavier after drinking a glass of water.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Once a day, first thing in the morning. Just once.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    It's an interesting exercise to understand what your body does throughout the day and I've done it on occasion out of curiosity (come on - tell me a bunch of you haven't weighed before and after going to the toilet, just to see the difference... no? just me?... :/ )

Sure, that. Or to see the weight change from a high-sweat row or bike ride in hot weather, as a check that my water consumption during the workout was OK, or just for fun.

As long as you don't freak out about fluctuations, get obsessed, or waste silly amounts of time doing it, why not?

Sometimes I'm lighter in the late afternoon than I was at my 'official' morning weigh-in. Sometimes, I'm not. So far, I haven't figured out what makes the difference. I'm curious, but not spending much thought on it. ;)
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times threw the day and if not I do make sure I do it on a morning daily. I only do it out of general curiosity and never get down when I weigh more and never get over excited when I weigh less. I record my weight once a week on the same day. But the rest of the time I just find it interesting :smile: