Help with lossing belly fat!

Im working really hard on lossing weight and Been inspired by many great success stories/ pics. Im alittle frusterated with my midsection, Im not asking for a six pack, but I would like it to be flat at least, I know belly fat is always the last thing to go, but I was just wondering if anyone know's what foods either fight the midsection fat or help with the loss of it. And what exerices your doing for that area that are making you guys look great? Just need alittle boost. thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• purplenails
    purplenails Posts: 34 Member
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,881 Member
    Im working really hard on lossing weight and Been inspired by many great success stories/ pics. Im alittle frusterated with my midsection, Im not asking for a six pack, but I would like it to be flat at least, I know belly fat is always the last thing to go, but I was just wondering if anyone know's what foods either fight the midsection fat or help with the loss of it. And what exerices your doing for that area that are making you guys look great? Just need alittle boost. thanks :flowerforyou:
    Your abs are already set. Just need to lose the fat to see them. You can make them stronger with exercise, but directly exercising them won't make them look much better. High protein and low carb for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference.
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    I'll give that a try, thanks for your help :happy:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I just read this week that if you work your back muscles and improve your posture, sometimes you'll have less of a pooch. A lot of times your belly looks bigger when your hips are tilted forward and by working your back muscles, it lines everything back up.

Of course, I don't know if this works or not, but it makes sense in my head.

I have also heard that you can't pick and choose what spots you want to lose. You just have to do as much cardio as you can and eat within your calorie goal so you can lose all over.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Your abs are already set. Just need to lose the fat to see them. You can make them stronger with exercise, but directly exercising them won't make them look much better. High protein and low carb for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference.

I agree! I've been cutting out the sugar and eating lower carbs and I'm already seeing less bloat in my midsection! Even if you can't exactly spot reduce, bloating from eating crappy foods can make your tummy area a lot bigger!