Just calorie deficit

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
Have any of yall lost weight just by sticking to a lower calorie deficit. No exercising needed. If so how long did it take for you to lose the weight.

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn. Exercise is for health benefits and retaining / building muscle.

Everyone is different. There's no real answer to your last question.
  • jhildebrandt73
    jhildebrandt73 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    When I started I couldn't exercise because my heart couldn't handle the strain. So I just used a deficit for two months and lost 30 lbs. I was 341 though so I did have a lot to lose.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started at 317 pounds on January 1, 2017 and weighed in today at 255--a loss of 62 pounds through primarily dieting & careful control of my blood sugars (note: I'm a type2 diabetic that needs to take insulin with meals). It's only very recently that I could walk a bit (30-45min, once or twice a week) since my weight has gotten low enough to do so. Before that, I was just too heavy to walk for more than 5min without pain in my knees or back. Now that it's getting hot where I live, I'll probably stop the walking until fall or maybe do something indoors as I don't like the heat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I pretty much lost my first 10 Lbs without any exercise, but I was pretty hungry so I started walking so I could eat more and still lose.

Weight loss comes down to fewer calories going in than going out regardless of whether or not you're exercising. I do some form of exercise every day and I maintain when I'm eating a maintenance level of calories.
  • ketome78
    ketome78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    watch videos by dr fung.....he covers it simply