Keto Diet

Options
Hello All! Anyone tried the keto Diet and had success? My Dr endorsed it and said I will lose weight as long as I stuck with it. I used to have some success with South Beach Diet which is similar. Any suggestions?

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It definitely works when used correctly but you need to decide if that's a lifestyle you can stick with in the long term which is usually what trips people up. Then the gain all the weight back. In the end what "diet" you choose just needs to consist of eating less and moving more. You'll lose weight either way.
  • Ejcejcejc
    Ejcejcejc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have lost 150 lbs on Ideal Protein, a moderate ketogenic diet. I would not have been successful without starting off in a program as there is a lot to learn about how ketosis works, supplements etc.
  • nebulah_exe
    nebulah_exe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been giving it a go for a while and when I really stick to it, the weight does drop off. I just make sure I eat loads of meat and logs absolutely everything on here, and it generally works. Well, apart from that time of month but I'm guessing that's not going to be an issue :P
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I strongly suggest you check out the following low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group