Inspired by long-time MFP user.. Let's do it!

Options
I'm 24, 5'8, and starting at 272. I've been using MFP for a few weeks now and have already lost 5 lbs. I was really inspired by someone I met at my work, whose lost 85 lbs since last October.. go Kim, and decided to give it a try. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while and get healthy but it's hard to do on your own. Now, with this newfound motivation and my new BODYMEDIA, I am ready to get in high-gear and shed the weight. My goal is 170 since I am tall, and have big bones (no, really! I have the X-rays to prove it :P) so.. yea.. I'm trying to reach my goal by the end of Summer 2012. Let's see how it goes! I also just got my baby brother started on MFP this week and already HE is feeling motivated and it's great. This is so much easier when your doing it with others! Friend me if ya want!

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    So is that 100 pounds you are trying to lose? You GO go go go go Girl!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    We're here for you! Best of luck on your journey!
  • nicolette311
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! I started back in March at 200, and I'm 5'7", and big boned, lol. I'm already down to 158, tryin to get to 145. If I can do it, you totally can, I was so lazy, still am sometimes :) Keeping track of what you're putting into your body, and how many calories you burn really really helps! I kinda look at it as a game that I'm trying to win, and I get excited every day that I sit down and log all of my food and exercise. Good luck and keep movin!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am so happy you joined here. I love having real life friends to share this journey with. I have every confidence in you sweetie, you can do this!!!!!!!!
  • 4N6junkie
    4N6junkie Posts: 35
    Options
    Couldn't have done it without you Kim! I just love that I got my brother into it! LOL
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LOL, me too! I just friended him! ;)