Started today
  • bcarmalita
    bcarmalita Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using this diet, it works. Hello, I am Pam
  • dawnnienay
    dawnnienay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today also. ROUGH first day. I thought I was doing awesome till I logged all my food! =(
  • PatriciaJ279
    PatriciaJ279 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm also new to keto. Does anyone have suggestions on how they track? I am trying to figure out if I should be tracking calories, macros by mgs or percentages? Example: today I'm at 14% carbs (28gms) 44% fat and 42% protein and am not hungry and don't want to eat any more. Am I doing this wrong?
  • melyssab12
    melyssab12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2 weeks in and feeling pretty great
  • Slightlyodds
    Slightlyodds Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One week down. Feeling good just got over man flu (literal flu. It's winter here and everyone at work and the kids school have it) down nearly 3 kilos which is nice. Hit the loss of appetite already.
  • msinghsher
    msinghsher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I see mostly women doing the Keto challenge. Why aren't more men interested?
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for about 3 months. i love it. Use the keto calculator to figure out macros and to get support. https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking for people who are going keto

I'm keto but low fat. I lose better this way.
  • AishaBraziel
    AishaBraziel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm also new to keto. Does anyone have suggestions on how they track? I am trying to figure out if I should be tracking calories, macros by mgs or percentages? Example: today I'm at 14% carbs (28gms) 44% fat and 42% protein and am not hungry and don't want to eat any more. Am I doing this wrong?

I follow a group of fb called Ketogains. Go to ketogains.com to use their calculator. You can set it to lose fat, maintain or gain muscle. It's free btw.
  • tombstones85
    tombstones85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting it now. I have heard great things and I am needing friends doing the same lifestyle.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There is a group on here "low carburetor daily forum" lots in there are keto
  • vrva_ncol1
    vrva_ncol1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    was suppose to start today, didn't go well at all
  • slimgig2017
    slimgig2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been keto for a few months. Lost 22 pounds, feel great. The best part is no more hunger or cravings. They're gone! And NOBODY was a bigger sugar addict than I was. There are many many sweet keto options, especially if you like to cook.....cookies, cakes, brownies etc. No sugar, no gluten, no grains. Eggs, meat, butter, veggies, minimum processed food. Add in the energy boost and increase in mental clarity and what else can I say? I love this lifestyle and I'm certain I'll drop the last few pounds to get to my ideal weight. Oh I also do intermittent fasting which is also great....it's easy when you're not hungry.
  • caileag26
    caileag26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Been keto for six weeks. Down 12lbs and lost five inches from around my waist. I don't even want bread type stuff anymore. I do not drink BPC regularly but I do IF three to four days a week. I didn't even plan to start fasting. I just don't get hungry.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Keto here since January. I've lost 100.8 lbs

I also do IF 18:6/5:2. Feel free to add me, I love having active keto friends on MFP!
  • caileag26
    caileag26 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I track here on MFP because I'm premium. I put in my info to figure out my calorie limit then adjusted my macros to 5% carbs, 75% fat, 20% protein. At 1600 calories that gives me 20 carbs, 80 protein, 133 fat. I do not go above 20 total carbs. (I don't do net) I try to get my protein in and don't worry about the fat. I use the percentages to find out what my grams should be and track using the grams. If feel well and you are losing weight, it should be fine. Usually the fat percent is much higher though. You do not have to eat all the fat grams. They are just there to help you feel fuller if you need them.