Wii Fit?

Options
I have been using Wii Fit as part of my fitness routine, and last night it told me that I had lost 7 lbs since my last body test months ago. Today it's telling me that I lost another 3.3 kg on top of that. That doesn't make sense to me? Does anybody know if Wii Fit is actually accurate? I don't own a scale so this is the only way I can really measure myself.

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have not used mine in ages, last time I did it was accurate compared to my scale
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    It's pretty accurate to my scale...it also says to do it the same time everyday you use it because weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    the wii is actually pretty accurate.
    so you are doing fine :)

i remember one time i have lost 2.2 lb from my weigh in,
    then the next day i had my cheat day and weigh myself the next day in the morning to see if i had to work out more and what not... and i lost another 2.2 lbs ... instead of gaining anything.

and it stayed off.

soo yeah, there are gonna be days like that.
    ♥ but great job!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It is pretty accurate, as long as the batteries in it are good and you place it on a hard surface. Try to always weigh yourself in the morning after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking. This should give you the most accurate weight.
  • dialethia
    dialethia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that it differs by what clothing weight you use. When I do the -2lb, I get a relatively accurate weight. (I have a scale, so I'm pretty confident in that.) But I tried a -3lb difference once, and it said I'd gained 6lb and was 105. I retested with my usual -2lb and it gave me a much more accurate 99lb or so reading. And of course, time of day plus water/food weight could be a factor.

Tl;dr - Wii Fit is a good judge but it's hardly perfect and there can be weird anomalies.
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    Mine tends to be really close to my scale. Different clothes and different times of day would make an impact on the accuracy.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Its pretty accurate... I check it same time of the day.. before eating or drinking for the day.

8427370.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • angelazurcher
    Options
    It varies based on the surface you put the board on.
    If you put it on carpet it definitely changes! The same thing happened to me! Haha just make sure it's on a hard surface like tile or wood :)
  • sleepygiraffes
    sleepygiraffes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well I just moved it from a room with hardwood flooring (where I did my weigh in before) to a carpeted room and found out that I needed to add the carpet feet on it? Maybe that has something to do with it.
  • boatmanrider
    Options
    If it is on a hard floor it is accurate. If it is placed on carpet your results may vary.:happy:
  • sleepygiraffes
    sleepygiraffes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It varies based on the surface you put the board on.
    If you put it on carpet it definitely changes! The same thing happened to me! Haha just make sure it's on a hard surface like tile or wood :)
    Thanks!
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump

9405451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It's never been very acurate to my scale.
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    Thinking of getting the Wii fit. Just posting so I can read the comments and find out for myself. I would get a digital scale and compare though:) The digital ones are the best.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I weigh in using my WiiFit+, Its always been very accurate to what my Bathroom scale says. It could have been that your clothing weighed less the second day.. or just that your weight fluctuated.. It happens. If in doubt, change your batteries in your board, make sure all the foot thingies on it are on properly and make sure the spot on the floor is level. All of those could play a role in a funky WiiFit weigh in. :)