The Diamond Challenge: Round 4 - Wk 2 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Morning Diamonds!!

Well my question is one of the biggest debates on MFP, so apologies to anyone that feels like they have answered this a million times already. Because it's such a big debate though I am intrigued to see what input you have when it comes to this, and what works best for you....... (here it goes)

Do you eat your exercise calories back???

My response:

Well I feel like I have tried it all. When I first joined I didn't use to eat any of them back, then after reading a lot of info on the forums I started eating them all back. Neither worked particularly well so i have now decided to start listening to my body, and having what I feel I need. On some days, even if I have burnt over 1000 calories, if I don’t feel like I need to eat anymore then I don’t - even though some people would strongly disagree with netting under 1200 calories. On other days when I feel more hungry I will eat some of them back and don't worry about doing this either. So on some days I eat none of them back, some days all of them and other's half... I decided that My best option was to listen to my body, and give it what I feel it needs. Many of you may disagree with this, but that's the reason why I am so interested to hear what everyone has to say.

Have a great day everyone

Lisa :flowerforyou:

• barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Hello everyone!

Well I eat them back! When I started with MFP I thought I don't eat them, but I quickly found out it I don't loose anything. so I started to eat them back and now I loose slowly but steadily!

Have a nice day everyone!
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Morning Diamonds!!

Well my question is one of the biggest debates on MFP, so apologies to anyone that feels like they have answered this a million times already. Because it's such a big debate though I am intrigued to see what input you have when it comes to this, and what works best for you....... (here it goes)

I eat some of my exercise calories back. It depends if I'm still hungry.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories back???\

sometimes I do sometimes I dont. I mix it up
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

My response:

Honestly, at this time, I don't burn that many calories exercising to begin with. Most of my weight loss has been a result of changing my eating habits. But on the days that I do exercise, it all depends on how I feel that day. If I'm hungry in the evening, then I will eat some of them back. If I'm not hungry, I don't. I really don't worry about it too much right now. I'm sure as I get closer to my goal weight it will become more important to me.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options

As of right now, I'm in the learning mode - still trying to figure out what is going to work for me (i.e. eating my exercise calories or not, how many calories to eat, etc). At the moment, I am maintaining and trying not to get discouraged so maybe I will figure it all out before I lose hope...LOL!
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

LOL! Love this question because it usually prompts some heated discussions in the threads. Can you believe how passionate some people are about getting their point across?

Anyway, yes, I usually eat my exercise calories back. Not all of them, but most of them. And I admit, sometimes I do extra exercise BECAUSE I've already eaten those calories :blushing: I am usually under my 1200 net goal by anywhere from a few calories to a couple hundred. I am trying to have one day a week where I go over my calorie goal by AT LEAST 250 (that's usually on Friday - my exercise rest day AND the day of weigh-in). I tried zig-zagging a while back and didn't see a huge difference in how much I was losing. I may go back and try again if/when I get to a plateau. So far it's working for me - I average 1 lb per week loss. Last week I only lost 0.4, so I should have a pretty good week this week.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Morning Diamonds!!

I don't usually eat them back. Sometimes I will eat some back but I have found if I eat them all back then my weight loss stalls. I definately think that everyones body is different and it is best to find out what works for you and if it stops working then try something else. I don't understand the big deal about it, as long as you are happy with what you are doing who cares what someone else is doing!!
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Non scale victory today.... I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans and they are a UK 10, which I think is an American 6, just so chuffed to fit in them.. !

Bravo, Congratulations!!
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't , other times I eat half of them . for me I see the biggest weight lost when I don't eat them back , but heck I can't live like that, If I'm hungry I eat them and latley I've been eating a little more :blushing:
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Today's QOTD: When is the last time you tried something new? What was it? Will you do it again?

Used a heart rate monitor for the first time this week and I LOVE IT!!! Plan on using it all the time...not only does it give me a more accurate measurement of calories burned, but as I see my heart rate and calories burned during my workout - it pushes me to go harder to see those number increase.

Yes and no....I eat some back, but not usually all of them....depends how much I have exercised. If I have burned under 200 cals that day, I may eat most of them back, but if I burned 600 cals that day, I will not eat all of them back unless we have gone out for supper or something like that....
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

For the most part I do. I honestly don't worry about it much. Usually I eat at least some of them back. A lot of my MFP peeps seem to be consistently be 300 or more under calorie goal. I'm at 1200/day and even when I had more than that, I find it really hard to be that far under my goal. The only way I can even come close is if I don't eat all of my exercise calories back. I think I would end up eating most of them back if I was burning 700-1000 a day, but I end up burning 100-300/day. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I always see on the boards, "do what works for you." I don't know why that doesn't apply to exercise calories too.
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options

I am like some of the other ladies....still trying to find what works best for my body. Generally, I don't eat them back at this point. If I'm hungry though I will.......I don't want to be in starvation mode. That's not healthy! There are a few days I've eaten most of them back but I thinking changing it up is probably a good strategy.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Tuesday's QOTD:

When is the last time you tried something new? What was it? Will you do it again?
    Morning Diamonds!!

Okay i hope this counts, this has nothing to do with excercise, or eating right; but i got this purple gel eye liner by physician's formula and i have fallen in love with it :D

I personally don't eat back my excercise calories, i have a hard enough time getting myself to eat the calories i have too eat let alone try to eat those back anyways, i think it more of a preference . I personally if i do feel bad about eat those calories back, like i just undid my walk by eating those calories,
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Like some of you, I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. Right now, my plan is to eat back some of my exercise calories - more of them if I'm hungry, less if I'm not.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I try not to eat them back, but most times that's a failed attempt! .
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's QOTD:

When is the last time you tried something new? What was it? Will you do it again?

I can't think of anything new that I have done lately...

Today OOTD:

Do you eat your exercise calories back?

For me, I follow my body. If I feel like I am hungry and I need those calories then I eat them. If not, I leave them. I have tried always eating all of them and not eating them and to be honest I didn't experience a differnce in my weight loss either way.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the little Diamonds
    Good job white diamonds next round Red diamonds got this and we will all beat DITR

Lisa good job on 3 pounds loss

Tuesday's QOTD:
    recently joining swim class i just luv it learning alot and would luv to join some other classes

Today OOTD:

Do you eat your exercise calories back?

sometimes i eat sometimes i don't depending on how hungry i am
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options

It honestly all depends on if I'm hungry enough to eat them back or not.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wed QOTD: Do you eat your exercise calories back???

It depends on the day and how hungry I am. But when I do eat my exercise calories back, I try not to eat more than half of them.