Meat and Dairy

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hold on, you've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and think your metabolism is shot? How much are you expecting to lose? 2.5lbs a week is over the maximum recommended loss.

I wish my metabolism was that bad tbh

mine too
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I thought her point was that she usually starts out well but then cravings come back and she stops losing (which I'm reading to mean that she cannot stay consistent, and thus it's about calories increasing again).
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of research that shows vegan and vegetarian diets or even WFPB with limited meat intake can help with inflammation and other issues (cholesterol, diabetes etc) .
    Many obese people have other health issues in addition to and/or because of the obesity, however by implementing diets that help relieve these issues they feel better and see great results with weight loss and overall health as a result.
    CI/CO does work when you are strictly looking at pounds on the scale and you are honest about how many calories you are not only consuming but also burning daily, however if you are looking to address the other issues adopting a vegan or vegetarian diet may be a great option for you.
    Just remember - Oreos are vegan, that does not make them healthy. Try to stick to real food and avoid processed/packaged stuff.

Personally-I have never see someone become obese from eating too many fresh fruits and vegetables so if you start to have cravings/desire to binge eat turn towards these options instead of your old vices.

Good luck!
  • jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been over weight for over 20 years, let's see if plant base diet helps me kick the fat off my body.
    I also exercise every other day at a gym.
  • jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also at this time I'm eating 1700 calories a day. But as I lose weight my calorie intake will decrease.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Learn learn learn about macros and micronutrients to do vegan successfully. It's not trivial.
  • Darrin100366
    Darrin100366 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well done Jen for giving it a go
    I've been over weight for over 20 years, let's see if plant base diet helps me kick the fat off my body.
    I also exercise every other day at a gym.

I have adopted a full time Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle/diet since Sept 14, after watching "Forks over knives" and "Vegucated" motivated me to get my lazy butt off the sofa - Haven't looked back since having lost a lot of weight and now maintain my BMI in Normal range through sensible eating and exercising 4-5 times a week.

Blood work is all good and stable Max heart rate is 209 and Basic Met rate is 1800 Cals which I'm told is pretty good for a 51 year old!

I no longer take medications and havent been ill for over 12 months- go figure, theres more to WFPB then just losing weight- "Let Food be they Medicine and Medicine be thy food" -Hippocrates

WFPB fills me up and allows me to get creative in the kitchen

Best of luck - Give me a shout if you want a handrail

Darrin
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My body is inflamed and sick so I have very little metabolism.

if you have a medical issue, you really should go to a doctor for help with losing weight. Good luck!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments, most of you had excellent ideas that I can use. I've decided to do pure plant base diet. I count and log all calories here. I keep this log very accurately. I measure and count all calories. I don't believe Oreos are grown in the ground so I won't be eating any of those. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are what I will eat for 30 days to see how I feel. My food cravings at this time have gone away, I feel my body burning up food now. Has anyone seen the China Study? Really interesting stuff.

"Whole grains" in the form they are typically eaten (breads, pastas, etc) don't grow in the ground either.
    Your body already burned up food.
    Oreos are vegan.