Tips?

Options
porkbelism
porkbelism Posts: 3 Member
Hi Guys,

I've started MFP last week.
I am 31, female, 5'2/159cm and 112lbs/51kg.
Even though I am in the healthy BMI range, I know I am unhealthy, as I've never really exercised and food choices were rarely healthy.

eating 1200 calories a day (some days I am a little over/some a little under)

Would like to be 18% bodyfat, judging from pictures on bodyfat blogs, I am probably 25-30% body fat.

The past few months I have been trying to avoid animal products, but now that I am trying to incorporate exercise in my life, I find it difficult to eat all the necessary protein, potassium and iron, so am considering buying protein powder.
Any suggestions on how to increase potassium & Iron.

I've been exercising the past 2 weeks (lost 2.2lbs/1kg, but that kilo is always the easy one to lose, once I am about 110lbs/50kg that's when it gets hard)
I am doing Intermittent Fasting (eat at 10am-6pm), this is fine as I've done 1-2 meals a day most my life.
Exercise- I do 20mins- HIIT (on bike) + 20mins cardio 3/wk - I sit on my bike, am I supposed to stand cycle? I feel so unbalanced standing though lol. I tried to treadmill HIIT but felt it might be too much pressure on my knees, so opted for bike (also I can't do the jump on the side trick) always feel like throwing up for a good while afterwards, so hopefully I am doing it right??
30 mins of strength - dumbbell/weight training - 3/wk - I do this at home with the dumbbells I purchased.
2TBS of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Breakfast: oats, milk, 1 small banana, chia seeds & cinnamon (250 calories) everyday, I love <3
Lunch: steam veggies and XXXX 500 calories
Dinner: my egg quiche, with veggies, cottage cheese, tuna (roughly 300 calories) for this week
Snacks: carrot, almonds, edamame beans. (100 calories)

I am not having difficulty with hunger or cravings.

I want to be 47kg (will this be too skinny?) whatever the weight is, I'd like to be 18% body fat with muscle toning.
my hips, *kitten* and thighs are huge for my frame :persevere:

Please give me suggestions on if I am doing this correctly.

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    How about body recomping? This is when you are at. Healthy weight but want to reduce body fat. Search for the stickie.

Maybe focus on making small changes to your diet or exercise.

Are you eating enough- mfp already has a deficit built in so you should eat right up to it's level. Make sure you have it set to .5 pounds lost per week.
  • porkbelism
    Options
    Thanks Luna, I will look into body recomp.
    I am eating 1200 calories a day.
  • Luna3386
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Thanks @malibu927 for the links. I'm on mobile so I couldn't provide.
  • porkbelism
    Options
    ALSO, any idea why my protein shows up 23% out of 40% for today, and tomorrow is 37% out of 40%?
    I ate more protein today than will be tomorrow.
    ?????????
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    porkbelism wrote: »
    ALSO, any idea why my protein shows up 23% out of 40% for today, and tomorrow is 37% out of 40%?
    ?????????

Check the nutritional information in your logging entries, they are user entered and could be wrong.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I've started MFP last week.
    I am 31, female, 5'2/159cm and 112lbs/51kg.
    Even though I am in the healthy BMI range, I know I am unhealthy, as I've never really exercised and food choices were rarely healthy.

eating 1200 calories a day (some days I am a little over/some a little under)

Would like to be 18% bodyfat, judging from pictures on bodyfat blogs, I am probably 25-30% body fat.

The past few months I have been trying to avoid animal products, but now that I am trying to incorporate exercise in my life, I find it difficult to eat all the necessary protein, potassium and iron, so am considering buying protein powder.
    Any suggestions on how to increase potassium & Iron.

I've been exercising the past 2 weeks (lost 2.2lbs/1kg, but that kilo is always the easy one to lose, once I am about 110lbs/50kg that's when it gets hard)
    I am doing Intermittent Fasting (eat at 10am-6pm), this is fine as I've done 1-2 meals a day most my life.
    Exercise- I do 20mins- HIIT (on bike) + 20mins cardio 3/wk - I sit on my bike, am I supposed to stand cycle? I feel so unbalanced standing though lol. I tried to treadmill HIIT but felt it might be too much pressure on my knees, so opted for bike (also I can't do the jump on the side trick) always feel like throwing up for a good while afterwards, so hopefully I am doing it right??
    30 mins of strength - dumbbell/weight training - 3/wk - I do this at home with the dumbbells I purchased.
    2TBS of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Breakfast: oats, milk, 1 small banana, chia seeds & cinnamon (250 calories) everyday, I love <3
    Lunch: steam veggies and XXXX 500 calories
    Dinner: my egg quiche, with veggies, cottage cheese, tuna (roughly 300 calories) for this week
    Snacks: carrot, almonds, edamame beans. (100 calories)

I am not having difficulty with hunger or cravings.

I want to be 47kg (will this be too skinny?) whatever the weight is, I'd like to be 18% body fat with muscle toning.
    my hips, *kitten* and thighs are huge for my frame :persevere:

Please give me suggestions on if I am doing this correctly.

BMI = 20

Your body mass index (BMI) is calculated as exactly 20.2 kilogrammes per square metre.
    Health aspects

Your weight is at a level that, in our view, should be good for your health. By classification of the WHO, you are "normalweight".
    The label "ideal" has often been applied to this. Whether it is ideal for your health, or not, depends on many factors. Fit people may be slim, but smokers or persons who have lost weight due to poor health, may also be slim.
    SBMI = 32/70

This assessment is based on the newly developed Smart Body Mass Index. Its ideal range is between 30/70 and 39/70.
    Your Smart Body Mass Index (SBMI) is calculated as 32/70 or "32 points out of 70".
    Weight stability

Your weight level is best if it remains stable.
    Weight management?

This is no issue for you, luckily. But you may want to consider some suggestions that are well-advised, not only for weight reasons.
    Your target weight of 47 kilogrammes

You are already in your optimal weight range. Losing weight would add no benefit to your health.
    Nutrition

Think over your diet. Eat a variety of foods that you like, optimally including five servings of fruit and/or vegetables a day. Avoid eating too sweet, too fat and too much.
    Your current low-carb diet

Your weight is below average: Do you really need this diet?
    With this diet you can achieve a fast weight loss by tricking your body. In the long run this may be unhealthy, as your body will try hard to compensate for the carbohydrate shortage by storing more fat. This will most likely result in a yo-yo effect. If you want to stop dieting, do it step by step.
    Physical activity

Do physical exercise at least for half an hour daily at moderate to vigorous intensity.
    Important to know

This feedback can only be based on the inevitably limited extent of the data that you have entered here. This data has been evaluated by comparing it with the results of the most comprehensive study published so far on the BMI and its associated health risks.
    The results and comments above can only give you an estimate that applies to all women at 31 years of age with a body mass index of 20, as a statistical group. They are non-personal. They should never replace medical advice
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

Thanks @malibu927 for the links. I'm on mobile so I couldn't provide.

I bookmark all of the important threads and can copy/paste from my iPhone.
  • Luna3386
    Options
    ?????????

This is a percentage so it depends on the carbs and fats entered. Look under the grams.