Wow, this is bad

Options
Ok, I don't normally do this, I usually eat 1,400 calories a day.

According to this websie I am only supposed to take in 1,400 calories a day if I want to lose weight. Well, today my sister and I got applebees for lunch, and I had a burger that had A LOT of calories, I think around 900. And I had 4 slices for dinner because my boyfriend and our friends Carrie and Ryan wanted pizza. So anyways, I went over my daily goal by 1,320!! I feel terrible. I wish I could do something that will make up for it, haha. I basically ate TWICE what I should have today:ohwell:

any suggestions on how to help with my calorie intake?

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    Ok, I don't normally do this, I usually eat 1,400 calories a day.

According to this websie I am only supposed to take in 1,400 calories a day if I want to lose weight. Well, today my sister and I got applebees for lunch, and I had a burger that had A LOT of calories, I think around 900. And I had 4 slices for dinner because my boyfriend and our friends Carrie and Ryan wanted pizza. So anyways, I went over my daily goal by 1,320!! I feel terrible. I wish I could do something that will make up for it, haha. I basically ate TWICE what I should have today:ohwell:

any suggestions on how to help with my calorie intake?
  • anglroxy9
    Options
    hey don't worry. . it's sometimes good to splurge otherwise it will make you miserable. . .so don't let one day get you down!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Instead of 4 slices, eat one? :tongue:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i just quit going out... It' s crazy how many calories are in take out! If i have to go out i eat a small salad and a soup or i at least hold the fries and ask for a veggi.
    If I calculated all the food that I was eating before on this I would have gone double or triple my calorie intake. It's motivating to know what foods are bad for you calorie wise. that's why i love this counter.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Just pick up your program today and get back on the wagon. It may take a few days to recover but you will. We all "splurge" every now and then and the best thing to do is to be honest, like you were, with ourselves and enter the "damage" done in our diary so that we can be aware of what we've done and then move forward again.

Hang in there.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hey Friend! We all do it. I guess the idea is to pretend it never happened and get right back on track. Thats what I am doing. Its easy for me to say well I blew it so I may as well give up and then I binge for a week or never get back on. I am trying a different approach now. IT JUST NEVER HAPPENED! I think jit will work! Good luck! Lolly
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Workout more than usual today. It will take away some of the guilt. Otherwise, don't worry too much. If you NEVER get to eat the things that you want, I'm not sure it's worth all of the anguish. Just get back on your calorie counting today. GL.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    It was only one day, no biggie. It's gonna happen from time to time.
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    It is good to have a cheat day, it will make your metabolism wake up and say, what is she doing to me not another slice, I better get back to burning. It does kick start your metabolism when you overload with a cheat day. I wouldn't recommend more than once a week, like I do cause I tend to forget I just had a cheat day, so have another one...haha. Well good luck with your goals and don't sweat it to bad.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:
    Friday night, my husband and I went to "Friendly's" and I order a "mushroom & swiss bacon burger" w/fries. Yummy! I asked for a take out box immediately. I cut everything in half and put half of it in the box before I started eating. He took the boxed food for work the next day.
    (1/2 the calories and 2 meals for the price of one!)
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:
    Friday night, my husband and I went to "Friendly's" and I order a "mushroom & swiss bacon burger" w/fries. Yummy! I asked for a take out box immediately. I cut everything in half and put half of it in the box before I started eating. He took the boxed food for work the next day.
    (1/2 the calories and 2 meals for the price of one!)

That is a great idea!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We've all done it.
    What I try to do is ask the waitress for their list of nutritional information (most chain restaurants have them). Once you look at how many calories and fat are loaded into their dishes, you'll make a better choice.
    Keep your head up, forgive yourself and move on.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I picked up a magazine at the check out stand, the one with the women who lost half their body weight. Inside the magazine was a break down of something called "calorie shifting." I've been doing some reading and it seems to work for some people. Basically, you calculate what you need for a week, which this site does for you, then you DON"T eat the same 1400 calories everyday. Different sites will give different ways to do it, but the emphasis is on your WEEKLY total and not your daily total. So, all might not be lost if you get right back on track. Also, they said to change your calories by adding healthy food and pizza and Applebees might not qualify, but what's eaten is done, so find something positive to say about the experience and move on....:flowerforyou: