Snacking too much after dinner/during the night

Options
I NEED HELP!!! PLEASE... I have developed a bad habit of eating too many snack food after dinner and during the night. I am not hungry but it's like an addiction of just craving something to eat. I try to fight the urge but I get antsy and anxious til I give in then have all the guilt afterwards as I screwed up my hard days work. What have others done to beat this addiction?

Replies

• TheChanelista
    TheChanelista Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do something with your hands. I gave up smoking and started doing cross stitch and knitting. If you're fingers are occupied, you may enjoy it and not want to snack!
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I pushed my dinnertime up from 5:30 to 7:30/8pm so that I don't have as much time to put food in my face between dinner and bedtime.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Some people have said that it helps to brush your teeth after dinner - with the aftertaste of the toothpaste in your mouth, you may be less likely to grab a late-night snack.
    Ultimately, I think it helps to keep your mind busy... developing healthier late night habits will prevent you from mindlessly munching. So find a good book to read, do a workout, meditate or go for a walk, etc. These are things that may help by causing the distraction that you need to end the day on a positive note. Good Luck!
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I save more calories for night time. I'd rather have a big dinner or have room for a snack at night than even out my calories for the day. Maybe see if you can save 100-200 cals for the time when you want to snack and come up with things you like that'll fit the calorie amount?