Bariatric surgery friends?

Options
I have started a bariatric program in preparation to have surgery early next year. I have about 100 lbs to loose.

Looking for friends and support from people who are or have gone through the surgery and everything that entails this lifelong change.

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve last February. you can friend me.
  • chaset1
    chaset1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a vertical sleeve done about 7 years ago! It was the best decision I've ever made.
  • dudlbugr
    dudlbugr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had gastric sleeve August 29, 2016.
    Down 130 lbs; would like to lose another 70...
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Also in the early stages of researching .I have Dr appt on Tuesday .I sugguest doing a lot of google searches and OMG ...Youtube is GREAT .People share the good ,the bad and the ugly. Many of them give you ,of course their experience ,frustrations and challenges. I like youtube because I can hear rather than type and read everything . Facebook is also good. When you do your searches they are pretty in debt and informative from start to finish. Percentage ranges of weight loss etc.
    All I can say do your research you will fins aolot of information the plus side i rarely saw that anyone regretted the decision to have the VSG also know as the sleeve
  • AnnesGrammy
    AnnesGrammy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never regretted it
    had VSG on 06.15.16
    down 111lbs so far. 30 to go.
    let's motivate ea. other.
  • chaserae
    chaserae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the Lap Band surgery 7 years ago. Originally lost 75lb in the first year, kept it off for a few years and have gradually gained 35 of it back. Time to get serious again and get this extra weight off. Surgery is still the best decision I have made, for my health, and would do it again in a heartbeat