My fiancée makes me feel bad about her own insecurity.

Options
I weigh more than she does. There is no denying that. But there are times when she disregards my own body issues and makes it seem like she's the only one with a weight issue.

Replies

• dymenard89
    dymenard89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I feel like society puts more pressure on women to be thin. Maybe this is the case? You mentioned she's your fiancee so maybe she's thinking about her wedding day and how's she's gonna look? Talk to her about your feelings and concerns.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I weigh more than she does. There is no denying that. But there are times when she disregards my own body issues and makes it seem like she's the only one with a weight issue.

Why not work on losing weight together?
  • dorothyp3
    dorothyp3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are there other times when it's all about her? If so, you might want to take a closer look at what you're getting into.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to red flags or behaviors that can develop into a deal breaking scenario. Bring it to her attention in a matter of fact non confrontational way, evaluate her response, and determine for yourself what you'll be willing to accept.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Disregards them how? Do you mean that she thinks that your extra pounds don't diminish your attractiveness as much as she worries that hers do?

PS There was a time when I thought I could use my self disdain as a source of motivation to push through to a slimmer me. It worked, in the short term. Not in the long term. I now focus on congratulating myself for healthful behaviours instead. Meaning I think you should work to let go of thoughts of body insecurities if you can, and just focus on developing healthy behaviours. Get there using positivity rather than negativity and you'll have tools/habits that will lead to lasting health and fitness.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    That's a cryptic OP that leave an abundance of room for speculation. What's going on that you want us to speculate about?
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    People are inherently greedy. You mentioned fiance, which means there is a wedding coming up. The wedding is all about the woman, so yeah, she's probably going to freak out about her weight. Learn to work and grow together or you will work to grow apart.
  • jbanuelos16
    jbanuelos16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

People are inherently greedy. You mentioned fiance, which means there is a wedding coming up. The wedding is all about the woman, so yeah, she's probably going to freak out about her weight. Learn to work and grow together or you will work to grow apart.

• jbanuelos16
    jbanuelos16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess I can say that we both have been under a lot of stress. So many things are up in the air at once and trying to plan a wedding as well as some other personal matters come into play at one time. Right now we're just trying our best at working on ourselves for our future together. We both have our moments ☺️