mfp works, living proof

Options
hi,

i joined mfp roughly 7 years ago weighing 88,9kg, yo-yo dieting and never managing to get beyond 82kg.

i started again in january and have managed to lose 17,5kg reaching my 'realistic' goal of 65kg.

i began making small changes, cutting out all the typical bad stuff, eating smaller portions allowing the occasional cheat meal (not easy as when the rest of the family isn't doing the same) and walking.

despite all the hard work and difficult days these last 6 months seem to have flown by, making not regret not having made an effort sooner, but its not about making an effort, its about focousing on what you are doing, your weight loss, your meals, getting fit and exercising as if nothing else existed, being selfish enough to give all you have for you (at least in my case anyway)
i no longer take blood pressure pills and getting my cholesterol checked next week.

i honestly never thought id get this far, also i started running two months ago and am now doing 5km in one go, so i'd like to thank mfp for helping me in part of my journey but i'd especially like to thank myself for taking control being consistant and strong.

i am now setting another goal and want lose another 5 kg, and i know i will make it.

hope this is of some help to someone who may be thinking of throwing in the towel or maby starting again or for the first time, but there really aren't any miracle diets or magic potions just hard work and and perseverence, the only person who can do this for you is you, learn to like it and the rest will follow, if i did it so can you!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    hi,

i joined mfp roughly 7 years ago weighing 88,9kg, yo-yo dieting and never managing to get beyond 82kg.

i started again in january and have managed to lose 17,5kg reaching my 'realistic' goal of 65kg.

i began making small changes, cutting out all the typical bad stuff, eating smaller portions allowing the occasional cheat meal (not easy as when the rest of the family isn't doing the same) and walking.

despite all the hard work and difficult days these last 6 months seem to have flown by, making not regret not having made an effort sooner, but its not about making an effort, its about focousing on what you are doing, your weight loss, your meals, getting fit and exercising as if nothing else existed, being selfish enough to give all you have for you (at least in my case anyway)
    i no longer take blood pressure pills and getting my cholesterol checked next week.

i honestly never thought id get this far, also i started running two months ago and am now doing 5km in one go, so i'd like to thank mfp for helping me in part of my journey but i'd especially like to thank myself for taking control being consistant and strong.

i am now setting another goal and want lose another 5 kg, and i know i will make it.

hope this is of some help to someone who may be thinking of throwing in the towel or maby starting again or for the first time, but there really aren't any miracle diets or magic potions just hard work and and perseverence, the only person who can do this for you is you, learn to like it and the rest will follow, if i did it so can you!

Fantastic! I have a very similar story (joined MFP 2011 but haven't tackled weight loss properly until 2016 because I didn't understand how simple (not easy) it actually is).

Good luck with the next 5 kilos, I am sure you will smash it!
  • rectac
    rectac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey just a great post to keep me going!!
    How many calories a day do you have??
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i try to keep it around 1200kcals depending on how much i've exercised, but i have it set to 1500kcals... although i rareley come close that.
  • Cbaka27
    Cbaka27 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you focus on staying under your Cals or your net Cals?
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    staying under my kcals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!