How many xtra calories if pregnant?

Izable2011
Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
Okay first off I am NOT pregnant but would like to be when I get healthier.

Second, if you are than how many extra calories should that person allow themself if continuing MFP?

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Your doctor will tell you NOT to eat for two (old wives tale...or popular misconception).

Just eat healthy, the baby will feed off of what you put in your body...
  • slu52
    slu52 Posts: 1
    Work with your obstetrician on any eating plan during pregnancy. Follow the doctor's advice, not advice from a fitness website. ;-) best wishes.
  • Be sure to talk to your doctor. But I have read 300 extra calories a day!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    I heard it was like 300 extra calories. But every woman is different be sure to talk to your dr!
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    It's 250-300 calories, but only in the last trimester i.e. last 3 months max. Shouldn't be eating any extra for the first 6! But it's more about eating right than calories :)
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    250 if its a single baby in which the woman is carrying :)
    its like 1000 if youre having twins though!
  • Drpmkumaran
    Drpmkumaran Posts: 5 Member
    First of all no MFP during pregnancy... You will require about 400 KCal and 15gm of protein per day more... And around 550 KCal and 25gm of protein more per day for the first 6 months of lactation... But only a doctor can tell you exactly as you need your daily activity level, current weightetc for the exact calculation...
  • I only gained 14 pounds when I was pregnant, and my baby came out at a healthy 8 pds 15 ounces! You dn't have to eat extra calories the first two trimesters, only the last one really, and it's about 300 calories.. but.. enjoy yourself when pregnant! Don't be thinking to hard about yourself, juse remember healthy foods for a healthy baby!
This discussion has been closed.