Water Consumption

Options
I know that water is good for you, but I just have a problem with the taste (lack of taste) of water. So, I drink unsweetened ice tea (brewed at home...not the bottled store bought). Is the unsweetened ice tea almost as good as drinking water in the same quantity?

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about tea but lemon and lime sparkling water is helping me get through my diet :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It's mostly water, right? Same thing as water. Go by pee color. I prefer iced tea over water too!
  • juliehmaui2016
    juliehmaui2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is as long as it isn't caffeinated and doesn't have sweet things added like candied pineapple etc. Even if it does have some of those things just check the canister and see how much.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You could try infusing water too. I like throwing a few cut up strawberries into an infuser, let it sit for a bit and enjoy. Bonus if I manage to get some particularly sweet strawberries, makes it extra good. Orange wasn't too bad, I couldn't deal with lemon. If it interests you, play around with some flavours and see what catches your tastebuds. I found this neat infuser and lid that fits onto standard mason jars at the dollar store which is what I use.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Tea is fine for hydration, if you don't mind any caffeine in it. I'd go with organic tea since you use a lot of it.
    You might try gradually diluting it to see if your taste buds adapt (water can actually be tasty!). Diluting it would also cut back on the fluoride, which tea is high in. :+1:

• meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated teas can actually work as a diuretic so I would avoid drinking a lot of those, but herbal tea is a great choice.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    meganw2020 wrote: »
    Caffeinated teas can actually work as a diuretic so I would avoid drinking a lot of those, but herbal tea is a great choice.

You would need to consume LOTS of caffeine (in the gallons, I believe) for the diuretic components to outweigh the hydration benefits of the water.

OP, you're drinking flavored water. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    i HATE water. i tried flavoring it, which is fine but plain water, nope. so i got a water system at home which is like the kind you have at the office. i drink so much more - it tastes fine! it was my water at home all along. it's less than $10/month and i don't waste water bottles. plus i am drinking at least 60 oz a day, where i used to not drink ANY. Vision-LX-White-572-OZ-5G__00001.jpg
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I also filter and infuse with fresh berries. It's just the right amount of flavor to get me drinking. I've always hated water, too. I used to only drink fruit juices, coffee, and milk. Now I drink 145 ounces or more per day.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly tea and coffee and water with the sugar free enhancers added. I almost never drink plain water. It all counts. Just be sure to log any calories they might have. AS someone else said go by urine color.