I need someone to keep me Accountable!

Options
Hello beautiful people!!
My name is Katie. I'm 20 years old, 5'5", and I weigh 285 lbs. My family recently found out that heart issues run in the woman on my mom's side of the family. My great grandma, grandma and mom all have some form of heart failure. A few months ago, I started to have arrythmias. It only happened a couple times but it scared me! I decided I want to lose weight and become healthy to help prevent any heart issues. I have cut out sodas going on 3 months now. But, I still have a problem with over eating and not eating healthy. I need someone to keep me Accountable and motivate me.

Replies

• gembug75
    gembug75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!
    My name is Tammy and I am 41. I can identify with your reasons for wanting to improve your health. I myself, suffered from my first heart attack on December 9, 2013 at the age of 38. At the time I was 5'3" and weighed 194. That was a day I will never forget. I was in and out of the hospital often and ended up having 4 more heart attacks over the following couple of years. I have 5 stents placed, and I am lucky to be alive.

I felt it was important to share my story because heart attacks know no age. Heart disease does not run in my family. My lifestyle choices caused my heart disease. I smoked for 20+ years, ate whatever and whenever I wanted. Since then, I no longer smoke, I have tried what feels like EVERY diet out there, went to cardiac rehabilitation twice and worked with a personal trainer for 2 years in my home. I am not skinny, I still have about 50+pounds to lose, but I am fit, I do eat right and I too sometimes need some motivation. I am currently eating a ketogenic diet because I am pre-diabetic, have PCOS and am insulin resistant.

Good for you quitting sodas! That is awesome!! One step closer to achieving your goals! I would love to walk with you on your journey.

My best advice is: Remember healthy living is a marathon not a sprint! It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!

Have you given any thought to where you want to begin with your diet?
  • BrittanyFarrell1
    BrittanyFarrell1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need a motivation buddy too! Please accept my friend request. I'm getting married in the next few years and I want to look and feel amazing in a wedding dress instead of a blob.