Need friends and accountability on here

Options
radellie
radellie Posts: 2 Member
10 months postpartum, really REALLY complicated pregnancy. Hoping losing weight will help some of the issues I'm still recovering from. Need to lose 60lbs! It's daunting! Also have this horrible flap of flesh over my csection scar if anyone knows how to get rid of it.

Replies

• meesh88
    meesh88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also 10 months postpartum now. I gained 65+ lbs with my pregnancy (that's a lot of weight on a 5ft1in frame!). I still have about 25lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The weight I've lost has NOT come off easily...I have been working really hard with only small losses. I think now that I'm only breastfeeding a couple times a day, my body is starting to let go of the weight a bit easier. Isn't it funny how different everyone is!? As for the post c-section pooch, I am still rocking mine. It's getting smaller (verrrrrry slowly)... But I have a lot of work ahead of me yet!
  • RhondaBagley
    RhondaBagley Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi, I can use accountability too. Need to lose about 40 pounds. My Naturopath just tested me and found out I am really insulin resistance, which basically means my body has reverted to using carbs for energy instead of burning fat. I figured as much because no matter the exercise I did I could not lose weight. I just started a new plan by my doctor which is a Keto diet. It basically means high fat, moderate protein and very low carb to push me into fat burning. I'm in the first four days which is an insulin flush. I'm hopeful at this point but we all know how quickly that can change.
    I'm not sure how to add you both?
  • jenico78
    jenico78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 7 to 15 years post partum... And need to lose about 80 pounds... lol. Not making light of y'alls pregnancy but definitely puts my "baby weight" excuse into perspective. Just started today with a keto fast, and feeling like poo...ugh. But need motivation, accountability, and partners in the journey.