AUGUST CHALLENGE TEAM 9 / Jade 39 Please check in. . .

Options
Hi there all. .A little about me. .. . I am always and I mean always up for a challenge. . hope that you all are pumped for this. . . .

I am a single mother, studying to be a personal trainer. . . and training in nutrition as well. . . I am spunky, silly, and most of all laid back. . everyone welcome. . Lets kill it. . . .

Welcome to the "Funky unchunky monkey's" . . . . .. Please introduce yourself and tell everyone a little about yourself. ..

PS: I am from cali. . . .40years young. . . because of course fourty is the new 20. .. Let lets go. . . Please team make sure that you are getting your water in. . That is a big thing of mine. . The recommended is 1/2 your weight in ounces. . . .

I will be looking to contact you all through mail, but easier if you send me a request. . . .

Team 9
Captain jade39
1 bell33usx2
2 smartfungorgeous
3 MOOOSEEE3
4 nisijam5
5 polkadotrevival
6 ablake80
7 alisa1973
8 momsusan
9 WhomII
10 Whomshubby
11 Katiemarie4488
12 onlyrobey1
13 JRena225
14 kyleeann15
15 mamathrash2
16 Nikkerz620
17 clydeisme
18 bonsbigdaddy
19 nwinter2612
20 slimothy89

Replies

• ablake80
    ablake80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay! Excited about this.

My name IRL is Amanda. I'm 30 years old and a mother of 3 kiddos. From Austin, Tx area...however I did grow up on the west coast until I was 17.

As for the name...I'm really not too picky, nor am I good at coming up with names. So I'll go with whatever you all come up with. :)

How can I figure what amount of water intake I need? I'm just now learning to get on the water intake thing. Slowly been moving up my intake each week to stick with it. So far I'm at 64oz a day. Any assistance is always welcome.
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm Robey, I'm a leo, love the color green and like long walks on beach......What? That's not what you meant Jade?? Haha! As you can see, I like to have fun and joke around too, that's why I like Jade so much and am glad to be part of her team!

I am (almost) 40, have been married for 18 years and have a 7 year old son. I've been on a weight loss journey for over 3 years and I was really hoping that the year I turned 40 would be the one where I finally reached my goal...unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. I need a way to kick start my motivation, dreams and aspirations again. In addition to this challenge, I am also going to be starting a boot camp with a trainer friend of mine and one of our other girlfriends.

Let's kick some boo-tay people!!

PS, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh, Amanda 8 glasses is good...actually, IMO, I think 6-10 is the key, so you're right in between there.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Tonya, and I'm a high school English and drama teacher from Oklahoma. I've been with MFP since Jan of 2010, fell off the wagon, climbed on and off, and finally got my act together June 16th and came back. For good. I have found that I like challenges, and it provides the variety I need to keep this lifestyle fresh and interesting. I'm also in the Biggest Loser competition, but I liked the idea of throwing another one into the mix since it was short term. I also started training with the C25K last week, and so far I can't get enough of learning about running. My first race is October 29th near OKC- the Monster Dash.

Beginning weight Jan 2010- 299
    Current Weight, as of this morning- 278.2 (which is up from 275.8 this past Saturday; TOM)
    Height 5'9"
    Goal-140

Good luck, team! :flowerforyou:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I'm Robey, I'm a leo, love the color green and like long walks on beach......What? That's not what you meant Jade?? Haha! As you can see, I like to have fun and joke around too, that's why I like Jade so much and am glad to be part of her team!

I am (almost) 40, have been married for 18 years and have a 7 year old son. I've been on a weight loss journey for over 3 years and I was really hoping that the year I turned 40 would be the one where I finally reached my goal...unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. I need a way to kick start my motivation, dreams and aspirations again. In addition to this challenge, I am also going to be starting a boot camp with a trainer friend of mine and one of our other girlfriends.

Let's kick some boo-tay people!!

PS, feel free to add me as a friend.

Ohhhhh no you diiiiiinnnnnttt. . ... . .. . you stole my line. .. .. . I like walks on the beach. . .. . I'm an Aries. . ... oh yes. . .. a ram. . . . . and a fire sign. .. .buahhhhhhhh

Oh ya and allergic to men. . ... . just teasin. . . lol
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Tonya, and I'm a high school English and drama teacher from Oklahoma. I've been with MFP since Jan of 2010, fell off the wagon, climbed on and off, and finally got my act together June 16th and came back. For good. I have found that I like challenges, and it provides the variety I need to keep this lifestyle fresh and interesting. I'm also in the Biggest Loser competition, but I liked the idea of throwing another one into the mix since it was short term. I also started training with the C25K last week, and so far I can't get enough of learning about running. My first race is October 29th near OKC- the Monster Dash.

Beginning weight Jan 2010- 299
    Current Weight, as of this morning- 278.2 (which is up from 275.8 this past Saturday; TOM)
    Height 5'9"
    Goal-140

Good luck, team! :flowerforyou:

Right on. .. . go girl go. .. rock it~!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Tracy. I am 30 years old and mother of twin boys that will be 3 on August 28. I joined MFP because a friend recommended it to me and LOVE it!!!! I am a 4th grade math/science/social studies teacher in Springfield, Illinois. I decided I wanted to lose weight when I put on my swimsuit and my son pushed on my tummy and told me it was squishy :( That was my major wake-up call that I don't want my kids to see me as "fat" and I want to be able to keep up with my kids and have them form healthy habits. I am on day 8 of 30 Day Shred. I was doing Couch to 5K but cut back due to the heat. I love to walk but am having a real problem getting to the love of running (any suggestions are welcome). My husband (who is a health/PE teacher, football coach, and track coach) is very supportive and doing what he can to help me on my weight loss journey.

SW: 175 pounds
    CW: 166.6 pounds
    GW: 120 pounds
  • alisa1973
    alisa1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Alisa, I am president & CEO of a skin care company, live in beautiful Hot Springs, Arkansas. Way too many lakes so I need to be bikini ready all the time. 37, single, no kids, 2 cats and an extra 30 pounds to lose thanks to steriods. I have slacked on my workouts this past week but am ready for a great challenge. I am new to MFP, 30 days, and this is my first group event. I started 30 day shred & 6 week 6 pack on monday and am enjoying the change of pace.

I am officially not dating for the month of August unless he wants to run on the treadmill beside me.

Can't wait to get this party started. No worries here with water consumption, usually drink 3/4 gallon.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim.....I'm a wife, mother of 4 and a nurse...I am originally from Chicago and now live in the Twin Cities, MN...We have a horse, 2 dogs, cat and a boa snake (ick, it's my daughters)

I am in Week 1 of the 30 day slimdown with Jillian Michaels. This past weekend I did Warrior Dash. I also have one planned for mid-Sept. I am a C25K dropout at week 5 'cause the weather was hot and steamy for past few weeks. I plan to start that again at Week 3 on Monday.

Oh, (stands up), I am a lush who needs support to stay away from indulging.:drinker: :drinker:

Mamathrash...my son calls me "mushy mama" :sad: as he does the mash thing
  • kyleeann15
    kyleeann15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well Hello there team!! My name is Kylee and I am 25...and a half. I work as an autism interventionist, I love my job and I love being outside, spending time with my closest friends. I am outgoing and always up for a challenge as well!!! I am hoping this will help bust out my last 15 pounds Id like to shed.. I am also from the Green Mountain State :-) How often are we checking in?? Are we checking in on this post or is there an actual group to enter??

I am up for friend requests as well for some moral support and virtual butt kicking :-)
  • kyleeann15
    kyleeann15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    also! @nisijam5 I did the New England Warrior Dash in June and it was AMAZINGLY fun and not as hard as we anticipated...I want to hear about yours!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    also! @nisijam5 I did the New England Warrior Dash in June and it was AMAZINGLY fun and not as hard as we anticipated...I want to hear about yours!!

Ours was conducted at a ski resort which meant hills, hills, hills...it's where my kids go skiing :grumble: Anyway, I felt triumphant at the finish line because it doesn't matter what place you come in...finishing is the VICTORY...they had the snow makers blowing on us, 7 hurtles to jump with barbed wire in-between to lo-crawl under.

CRAZY GOOD FUN...Drank beer after :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: just like these guys!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Well Hello there team!! My name is Kylee and I am 25...and a half. I work as an autism interventionist, I love my job and I love being outside, spending time with my closest friends. I am outgoing and always up for a challenge as well!!! I am hoping this will help bust out my last 15 pounds Id like to shed.. I am also from the Green Mountain State :-) How often are we checking in?? Are we checking in on this post or is there an actual group to enter??

I am up for friend requests as well for some moral support and virtual butt kicking :-)

Right now I am just trying to get everyone to check in. . .. then I will have a regular thread for everyone to check and bookmark. . . I may put it on a blog. . . We shall see . . .. btw. .. great career. . .my daughter is high functioning autistic. . more aspergers. .. .As well as ADHD. . .
  • saradas
    saradas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am Sarada from Dallas TX, 35 mother of 2. I work from home. I am a vegetarian trying to be healthy. What is the challenge again?
  • slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    HI!!!

My name is Paigge, and I am 21 years old. I am currently needing to lose 31 pounds, 6 percent body fat. Whichever comes first. I am from Sugarland, Texas. My family is currently stationed in El Paso Texass. =(

My favorite colors are orange and pink. I haven't been really focused on what I have been wanting to do with my life besides becoming a doctor, because I have this strange thought about being a hero! LOL However, I am more than determined now. I can't let people tell me what I am capable of, only I know my limits. Even me saying that is a lie, because I've never pushed for a limit! I'm trying harder now.

I have learned since my start of weight loss one month ago that this weight loss is teaching me self discipline, and I am loving myself more and more each day!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    HI!!!
    I haven't been really focused on what I have been wanting to do with my life besides becoming a doctor, because I have this strange thought about being a hero! LOL

Interesting thought about the doctors...because, I think nurses are really the heros...:bigsmile:
  • slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    Interesting thought about the doctors...because, I think nurses are really the heros...:bigsmile:
    [/quote]

I've thought about being a nurse anesthetist.
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My name is Janice and I'm a 42 year old mother of 4 and their ages range from 22 to 3. Can anyone guess how we were preparing for retirement? :love: My husband is in Afghanistan and he has time on his hands and has shed his extra 20 lbs and I decided I needed to shed my extra 60.:embarassed: Anyway, I work full time outside of the home and with a 16 & 3 year old in the home I'm busy there too. ALL you moms know what I'm saying. (No, the 16 year old doesn't help much) :frown: I started the c2k last week and am still working on week 1 day 3. I'll get it....I'm stubborn that way. I'm needing extra motivation to get active again and I think this challenge is definitely what I need. I recently ordered the 30 DS to mix things up so definitely gonna be hearing me talk about soreness. :tongue:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Hi there all. .A little about me. .. . I am always and I mean always up for a challenge. . hope that you all are pumped for this. . . .

I am a single mother, studying to be a personal trainer. . . and training in nutrition as well. . . I am spunky, silly, and most of all laid back. . everyone welcome. . Lets kill it. . . .

Welcome to the "Funky unchunky monkey's" . . . . .. Please introduce yourself and tell everyone a little about yourself. ..

PS: I am from cali. . . .40years young. . . because of course fourty is the new 20. .. Let lets go. . . Please team make sure that you are getting your water in. . That is a big thing of mine. . The recommended is 1/2 your weight in ounces. . . .

I will be looking to contact you all through mail, but easier if you send me a request. . . .

Team 9
    Captain jade39
    1 bell33usx2
    2 smartfungorgeous
    3 MOOOSEEE3
    4 nisijam5
    5 polkadotrevival
    6 ablake80
    7 alisa1973
    8 momsusan
    9 WhomII
    10 Whomshubby
    11 Katiemarie4488
    12 onlyrobey1
    13 JRena225
    14 kyleeann15
    15 mamathrash2
    16 Nikkerz620
    17 clydeisme
    18 bonsbigdaddy
    19 nwinter2612
    20 slimothy89

Jrena #13 has formed her own team. . .so the member taking over is myurk.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Okay so here is the adjusted roster and our final team~ Good luck time to light off the dynomite.:smile:

Team 9
    Captain jade39
    1 bell33usx2
    2 smartfungorgeous
    3 MOOOSEEE3
    4 nisijam5
    5 polkadotrevival
    6 ablake80
    7 alisa1973
    8 momsusan
    9 WhomII
    10 Whomshubby