Bill Nye Netflix's Show .

Options
For My Netflix's Lovers Bill Nye That Science Guy Lol Has A Show On Netflix's ( Bill Nye Saves The World ) Episode 8 " This Diet Is Bananas " Talks About Fad Diets . Check It Out !

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There's another thread on here about it. I was surprised how full of woo it was, considering he's supposed to be a "science guy."
  • antoinette1114
    antoinette1114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    There's another thread on here about it. I was surprised how full of woo it was, considering he's supposed to be a "science guy."
    If You Get A Chance Check It Out .
  • antoinette1114
    Options
    If You Get A Chance Check It Out .

I did check it out. That's where my opinion that it's full of woo came from. I was incredibly disappointed with the amount of misinformation in that episode, and won't be watching it again because I nearly gave myself a concussion from all the facepalming.

Oh Okay I Was Lost For A Second ! I Thought It Was Pretty Good Then Again I'm New & Naive To This Stuff So I Thought The Stuff They Were Saying Were Inspirational Well The Table Discussion ! Do You Believe The Fad Diets Work ??
  • antoinette1114
    Options
    Thank You For That . I Just Said This To Someone I Think That Is The Hardest Part About Weight Loss Is The Lack Of Education Not Only About Nutrition But Our Bodies ( Simply Saying What Works For Someone May Not Work For Me ) It Definitely Is A Learning Process . Which I Am Learning During My Journey . I'm Adding You . We Just Became Friends Lool ;)
  • antoinette1114
    Options
    No, I think that fad diets may work in the temporary, but the failure rate for long term maintenance is really high.

I think that people don't really understand nutrition versus caloric needs, and I think that the diet industry is, in part, responsible for a lot of the misinformation that is circulating out there. Keeping people confused is exactly what purveyors of diet products want, because it keeps people confused, failing, frustrated, miserable, and scared. As a result people are willing to try just about anything to lose weight.

The reality is that weight loss is simple, but it's hard work. And that's just not as sexy as, say an egg fast or taking this pill and change nothing else.

The reason why I found the episode disappointing was because there was such a great opportunity to dispel some of the myths, and worse yet, it actually promoted some of them. The end result being that some people will trust him and assume that everything spouted on the program is accurate without really taking the time to consider if it is backed and supported by the existing science. Additionally, his expert panel members were poorly chosen.

Edited for clarity.

Forgot To Quote You Lol
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I was excited when I saw he did an episode about diets, then I watched it and wow... very disappointed. The panelists seemed like random people who didn't know what they were talking about it and they just all got together to bash different ways of eating. And so much misinformation.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Thank You For That . I Just Said This To Someone I Think That Is The Hardest Part About Weight Loss Is The Lack Of Education Not Only About Nutrition But Our Bodies ( Simply Saying What Works For Someone May Not Work For Me ) It Definitely Is A Learning Process . Which I Am Learning During My Journey . I'm Adding You . We Just Became Friends Lool ;)

Why Are You Starting Every Word With A Capital?? (man, that was annoying just typing one sentence like that!)

We Can't Please Everyone Huh ;) WILL MY CAPITALS AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIVING HUN ! Oh Okay Have A Great Day ! :*

Here's the deal. I know everyone is not perfect at spelling or grammar and calling out small mistakes can be a bit overboard, but in general good grammar helps in conveying messages. It's much easier to receive and give information when it's presented in proper form - or something close. I can read what you're saying, but the form is distracting. Why post and communicate in a way that distracts from your actual message?

this! exactly this! (and just for the record, it wasn't just this thread OP typed like this - it's a bunch of them)
  • antoinette1114
    Options

Why Are You Starting Every Word With A Capital?? (man, that was annoying just typing one sentence like that!)

We Can't Please Everyone Huh ;) WILL MY CAPITALS AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIVING HUN ! Oh Okay Have A Great Day ! :*

Here's the deal. I know everyone is not perfect at spelling or grammar and calling out small mistakes can be a bit overboard, but in general good grammar helps in conveying messages. It's much easier to receive and give information when it's presented in proper form - or something close. I can read what you're saying, but the form is distracting. Why post and communicate in a way that distracts from your actual message?

This Is How I "Text" Been Doing It For The Longest If You Stand Over Me You'll See I Do It Just As Fast. The Relevence Of It ? But Thank You For Your Insight ! It's A Habit Maybe Bad But There's Worst Then My Capitalization. Sorry If It Distracted You From The Topic Of My Post " The Bill Nye Show " Check It Out :smiley:
  • antoinette1114
    edited June 2017
    Options

this! exactly this! (and just for the record, it wasn't just this thread OP typed like this - it's a bunch of them)

Well Good Thing I'm Not The Only One Who Does It Wheww Lol . But You Don't Have To Read It People Pick It Choose On Here Like Everywhere Else Who They Want To Help " In This Case I Was Looking For Insight On The Bill Nye Show " You Could Have Skipped Right Over My Post " Life Goes On ! I Hope Your Having A Great Wednesday :smile: But If You Get A Chance Check It Out Let Me Know Or Not !
  • antoinette1114
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

Must bite my tongue so I don't get flagged.

So.Hard.

Please Don't Because I Won't Bit My Tongue For You ! But Please Don't Be Rude Because I Really Don't Want To Go There, This Place Is For Motivation Or Whatever. If You Don't Have Any Nice Feedback Keep It To Yourself & Have A Great Wednesday :wink: