MFP Runners Club 2/3/09

Options
No runners today?

Sorry for not posting for a while. I was fighting an upper respitory infection for a couple of weeks and I finally feel good.

I went out this morning to run but no one showed up. It was lightly snowing. (wimps:grumble: ) It was dark and I don't run in the dark by myself so I went home. I will do a 1/2 hour on the treadmill tonight at the gym to get 3 miles in and then do a weight workout with the hubby. If if it nice were you are get out and run!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No runners today?

Sorry for not posting for a while. I was fighting an upper respitory infection for a couple of weeks and I finally feel good.

I went out this morning to run but no one showed up. It was lightly snowing. (wimps:grumble: ) It was dark and I don't run in the dark by myself so I went home. I will do a 1/2 hour on the treadmill tonight at the gym to get 3 miles in and then do a weight workout with the hubby. If if it nice were you are get out and run!:flowerforyou:
  • haleyk
    haleyk Posts: 58
    Options
    Where do you run? I run outside too in WI. It was snowing and windy today. Tough run.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    We are in the burbs of Philly. I have a group I run with. We run outside and generally in all kinds of weather. We have run in the freezing cold, pouring rain and even snow. My usual group has a few missing due to vacations and illnesses and the others that said they were coming is what I call the "fair weather" runners. Only running when the weather is nice.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No run today - fighting a cold too and did circuit at the gym. Last night I was only going to walk but felt so good I ended up running 3 miles while watching the bachelor.

I don't do outside in the cold in SD. I'm so ready for spring to get running outside again!
  • puppylove84
    Options
    I ran today! it was a nice 37 degrees out...I try to take advantage of our California weather as often as possible. I did almost 5 miles with my dog this morning (he loves going on runs... I'm sure that if I didn't have him, I would go half as much). Hopefully the weather gets better for everyone :smile:
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    5 miles for me this morning :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Me! I ran on the treadmill though, it was COLD today!

First *official* day of half marathon training.

So... I did a 4 mile run w/ 4 x 400 (7:41 pace w/ 2 min recoveries) and then 1 x .40 mile (7:30 pace). It felt really good! Then swam 600 yds. :bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Got 5.5 miles in this morning - warm up, 1/2 mile intervals, cooldown. Work out tonight.

Jess, good luck with the 1/2 M program! Just out of curiosity, what's the mileage like for the 1/2 program?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Got 5.5 miles in this morning - warm up, 1/2 mile intervals, cooldown. Work out tonight.

Jess, good luck with the 1/2 M program! Just out of curiosity, what's the mileage like for the 1/2 program?

Here's a link to the FIRST program from runnersworld.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-9369-0,00.html
    :bigsmile:
    Great run for you today too!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess. I have been doing a scaled down version of the marathon program, but have been doing way more miles than the official 1/2 program (did a crazy 17 mile run last Saturday). My tempo runs are routinely 6-7 miles. The good part about it is that on race day, I think ha! it's only 13 miles! It allows me to concentrate on pace and rhythm without worrying about the distance. The down side is that because I often run as part of a group, I am not always as strict with my training pace as I should be. But FIRST still works - took 5 minutes off my PR on my 1/2 in December.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles this morning
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles this morning
    Mee too! :smile:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options