What do you do...?

Options
mmstgr
mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
What do you do when you're hungry and you've used up your allotted calories for the day?

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    drink coffees and water... sometimes i have far too much coffee, but i use it to deter me from eating... and sometimes i use a Pepsi max for the same thing, to fool me into thinking i've had something sweet.
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Drink Ice water.
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    Eat something healthy. And really listen to your body to figure out if you are actually hungry or if you are bored and used to eating at a particular time. I wouldn't worry as much about the calorie content as the nutritional content.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    go for a walk .
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Drink water and you might want to keep a bottle of it in the fridge with some cucumber/lemon/lime or whatever you feel like because; I have lots of water but sometimes, just thinking of water makes me want to.. not have it... ;-)
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Choose a decent snack or filler, then look at why that happened. Maybe a better choice of fiber loaded foods or less carbs (pastas, breads) for the next day.
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'll eat a carrot or cucumber - they only have about 25 calories and they fill you up.
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Do a little additional exercise so that I can eat something else, guilt free!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, I eat.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Drink water, wait 30 minutes and if I'm still hungry I'll eat something that came from the ground, carrot, bell pepper, something not too high in calories. Or you could eat something high in protein like tuna. It will fill you up. almonds are high in fat, but they do fill me up if I eat a serving size.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I suck it up
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hot tea, raw veggies, or a big salad with low cal/fat free dressing.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    If I get the sensation of hunger I eat. I try to maximize the amount of food for the littlest calories. I enjoy veggies with some salt and pepper. Or a salad with a tablespoon or two of dressing. Ignoring the hunger sensation is worse as you will starve and feel horrible. Better to take care of it. Maybe go for a walk as well so you can balance it out!