Coconut oil

Options
2»

Replies

• lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I put a teaspoonful in my morning coffee.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It is amazing for hair!!! :D

I don't usually use it for cooking but I am starting to use it a bit. I mostly use it for hair and skin. :P
  • HSmamato4
    HSmamato4 Posts: 70
    Options
    It WILL change the taste of your eggs unless you buy expeller pressed (no coconut flavor). Extra virgin coconut oil does have a slight coconut flavor. It's not overpowering by any means and when used in baked goods it is SO decadent (plus with the added flavor you can cut back on sugar content).
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is some controversy over whether or not coconut oil is good for you. The negative mostly being stemmed from the outdated fad that all saturated fat will cause you to have heart disease. New research on the effects of coconut oil have actually worked to prove the opposite. Some quick google searches can lead you to this information. It's a pretty interesting read.

As far as taste, it is fantastic! I love it for veggies, use like butter on toast, baked salmon, all of it. It adds such flavor!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love it in pineapple upside down cake and also I sub it for butter in no bake cookies.