Hi Everyone! Newbie here

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hello Lovely people!

It so amazing to have found a website that actually helps you eat well, no fad diet plan or fanatic exercise schedule, it just teaches you a new way of life and gives you encouragement on your weight loss. It is so funny how it is the simplest things that make the biggest difference.

I have to say everyone seems really lovely (I have spent a little while reading the back messages on the forum)

Here is hoping things go smoothly in my lifestyle change.

I haven't yet made my food diary public but would appreciate any tips on sticking to 1200 cals a day.

BLOG: www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/prettylashes

Thanks!

Replies

• IslandGirl072906
    IslandGirl072906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I've only been on a week or so and also on 1200. Some days the 1200 is no problem. Eating higher protein foods helps me feel full longer. But then the last day or two I was still eating high protein and getting that hungry feeling and running out of calories. So, I hopped on the treadmill to burn some calories that I could turn around and eat! It was enough to get me through the rest of the day/evening and felt really good about myself too. :)
  • francena84
    francena84 Posts: 99
    Options
    What i do is before I eat I add the food to my diary just to see the calories and where I am for the day. Instead of eating something and then logging the food and being surprised how many calories you just ate
  • prettylashes
    prettylashes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I did a little bit of both today, considering I was consuming close to 3000 calories a day before I joined, the 1200 has been a little bit of a shock to my system!

I walked today (baby steps, the running will start soon) to boost my calorie allowance and I found that planning my meal for the day left me making better food choices .
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    I also plan and log breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day. I dont preplan diner cuz there are 5 people involved in that and plans change it helps keep me on track.