Low calorie foods that fill you up

Options
It seems like I'm always hungry when restricting calories. What are some of your favorite low calorie foods that make you feel full? Don't really care about taste, just something that fills you up without costing lots of calories.

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Spring mix lettuce half a pound container. Low fat thousand island. 10 croutons.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Vegetables & mushrooms, and depending on your definition of "low" some fish, & hard boiled eggs keep me full
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Depend on what I'm in the mood for. I like:

-6 triscuits is only 120 calories and feels like I have bulk in my stomach.
    -1 cup of steamed broccoli
    -1 CUP OF strawberries if you have a sweet tooth
    -1hard boiled egg
    -1 ounce of cheese
    -yogurt with 1tbs of low sugar granola stirred in.

I will chew gum if I 'think' I'm mouth hungry, then go for the snack if my stomach is truly hungry, or I'm under my calories.

• MJ2victory
    MJ2victory Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    canned tuna
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Popcorn - either air-popped DIY with a few sprays of oil & your favorite seasoning, or my favorite ready-to-eat version is "regular" salted Boom Chicka Pop.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    2 wasa light rye crackers+1 wedge of laughing cow+mini cucumber slices with salt and pepper is like 100 calories and quite filling and tastes good.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Veggies. It's hard to see the chicken leg on my plate because of all the veggies piled on there. I used to eat what I thought were decent portions of veg but I didn't feel full. So I doubled them up. Now they are filling. I buy frozen veg for ease and for lack of waste. Cheap, filling, low cal.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I add extra celery to almost everything to bulk it up. I also eat 3 large meals instead of 6 small ones. I felt I was always hungry and snacking when I ate 6 meals.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are around 100 cal a pound, fruit are about 200 cals a pound, starch is 300-400 a pound, beans are about 600. Look up calorie density charts :)
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It isn't low calorie but I do much better on a high-fat breakfast. I don't start getting hungry again as quickly. My recent macro balance has been 35-40% of my calories from fat. Today, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get 700 more calories in after dinner. Fat is the fuel my body seems to prefer.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, vegetables, plain chicken/fish, a tsp of oil with each meal
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like Chia Seeds, they expand in your stomach and really fill you up!
  • bethpaige86
    bethpaige86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Light and Fit Greek yogurt. Only 80 calories per cup and super filling. I crave something sweet after dinner and this works great. I either slice strawberries and add them to the vanilla or I have a coconut one. It seriously tastes like cake.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, a lot of volume for few calories.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Only 15g of Chia Seeds yield 80kcal, 6g of carbs (4g are fiber), 5g of fat, and 3g of protein..and like I said..expand and fill you up! I mix 'em in with my protein shake.