how many calories should I be eating

mjtaylor87
mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
How many calories should i be eating a day? I have been cutting carbs as much as possible. I am 29 Years Old, 5 feet 2 inches, starting weight was 306 lbs two weeks later i am at 297 lbs. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    Fill out your profile here and it will give you a daily calorie allowance that factors in your current weight, age, height, gender and incidental activity. The calorie allowance will be adjusted to create a deficit which should hopefully result in weight loss.
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    ok i did that i just thought 1800 seemed kind of high
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    this thread also has some great tips on accurate counting and using the different tools in MFP that can help get you off to a good start

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

~best wishes
  • sinha0713
    sinha0713 Posts: 1 Member
    1800 is not "high" . You do not want to be in such a caloric deficit that your body stores and holds on to calories. That becomes a diet then. Use the calories and particularly the macros (protein, fat, carbs) as goal indicators and make it into a lifestyle
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    No 1800 isn't high at all for your weight, you don't want to be in the mindset that you need to eat 1000 or 1200 calories in order to lose weight, it will just have a detrimental effect on your progress.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »

It's not high. You have a lot of weight to lose. Once you lose some weight you will have to lower your calories to continue losing (as a smaller body requires less calories to work) so you don't want to start too low. Log accurately and consistently, move more however you can, and be patient. Good luck :drinker:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    mjtaylor87 wrote: »

For your size it isn't high at all. Log everything as accurately as possible and you should be able to lose 2 pounds a week

Also cutting carbs isn't necessary for weight loss