heyyy!! i'm new!

Options
:flowerforyou: hello everyone!!
i'm 23 and have 2 children, my youngest is 2 and a half and i still have some 'baby weight' that needs shifting!! i never exercise so need to get on track with that, but won't be able to go to the gym or anything as i don't have a babysitter for th kids so could do with some effective ideas for working out at home...
xxx

Replies

• luminescence
    luminescence Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recommend going for walks with your kids. No need to exclude your children from exercise! You'll be a good influence on them :smile:
  • leahkathleenhart
    Options
    Jumping rope! its one of the BEST forms of cardio exercise! :)
  • frostke
    frostke Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm not a mom, so I could be completely off... but play with your kids! Running around and moving with them will definitely burn some calories! That way they'll learn that an active lifestyle is a healthy one! Even from a early age when they don't realize it. :) Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
  • jjtemple03
    jjtemple03 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome, you will find many too encourage you. Just let me know when you need encouraging and I will do my best. This is my second week on here. I am just taking one day at a time. I have found that it helps so much logging all of my food. It kinda keeps us honest. Good Luck :happy:
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. Playing with your kids and running around is a huge thing. But take a walk with them and try to do 10,000 steps a day. Get a pedometer they are really cheap at Walmart. Also if you have cable, check on Demand, they have some exercise programs on them. Good Luck on your journey and feel free to add me for support! :-)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how it is not having a sitter. I can not stress enough how much walking helped... get a good jogger (double if needed) and walk your butt off... literally. lol!
  • hollybug26
    hollybug26 Posts: 23
    Options
    HI! Welcome! I have 2 kids alos and tried the whole gym thing and that just did not work for me. BUt my friend introduced me to home work out videos and at first I was not that interested but I got desperate so I tried it. I started with Turbo JAm a 60 day program and lost 15 pounds ( I could have lost more but I am still working on my eating habits). I just started Turbo Fire. I say get a work out video cos you can do it at home and not have to worry about the kids...you could work out during nap time :)
    The longest Turbo Jam video is 45 min and shortest in 15 min.
    If you don't like Turbo JAm you could get something you would like.

Here is a link to Turbo Jam though....video is on the right side of the page.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbo-jam.do
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If your going to exercise while the kids are asleep you can get some hand weights, boxing movies, jumping jacks, lunges. You can also get those toning cords and do exercises with them. Both hand weights and toning bands are fairly inexpensive. If you don't have the extra money you can use canned goods or really anything around the house.

Good luck to you!!
  • willbthin88
    Options
    aww thanks guys! :happy: i do quite alot of walking anyway as i don't drive and always on the kids trampoline.. if thats any good..?? maybe i'm more active than what i give myself credit for..,:ohwell: but think i'll defo be getting some sort of workout dvd and some weights, thanks for the advice!! i'm so looking forward to my journey on MFP :happy:
    xxx