Energy Drinks

I work with kids all day, always on my feet. I have my cup of coffee in the morning, but the time my break roles around, I need another energy boost. I had a bad habit of always getting a can of Monster and I know that's like the worst thing for me. So I was wondering if there were any other types of "energy drinks that people recommend to be a healthier alternative? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Nothing wrong with Monster, unless you're drinking one with calories and the calories are putting you over your daily goal. I have coffee in the morning and a Monster Ultra Zero every afternoon. Research the ingredients. Almost every ingredient in Monster Ultra Zero is a vitamin (I checked).
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    You say that "you know that's the worst thing for you" in regards to energy drinks, what makes you know this?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Latte. Has some protein thanks to the milk. If you don't add sugar, it's not terrible calories.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    caburns530 wrote: »
    I work with kids all day, always on my feet. I have my cup of coffee in the morning, but the time my break roles around, I need another energy boost. I had a bad habit of always getting a can of Monster and I know that's like the worst thing for me. So I was wondering if there were any other types of "energy drinks that people recommend to be a healthier alternative? Thanks in advance!

what's the problem with the drink? is it putting you over your daily calories? if so, there are diet versions out there (zero sugar, like 10 calories) - have you tried those?
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    I am enjoying a Monster Ultra Red right now. Awesome fast day fuel.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    or another coffee? or caffeine pills?
  • Rockstar lemonade hydration! They are delicious, and only about 15 calories for the whole can.