• ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    xgk1elykgg21.png
  • antoinette1114
    antoinette1114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I was excited when I saw he did an episode about diets, then I watched it and wow... very disappointed. The panelists seemed like random people who didn't know what they were talking about it and they just all got together to bash different ways of eating. And so much misinformation.

Wow I Liked The Panel Maybe Because The Variation Was A Little More Realistic Everyday People !

• antoinette1114
    edited June 2017
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    You are right, people do not need to read it. But, why do it? You are posting on a forum for advice and asking for help, but yet you insist on making it hard for people to want to read your posts and tell them they don't have to read them? As far as the relevance? It is very relevant if it is interfering with the readability of a post, which is why someone posts.

Sorry, but it just sounds ridiculous.

And, as a person with OCD (diagnosed, not self proclaimed) it really sets me off, just seeing it, not even reading it.

You Just Said It You Really Don't Have To Read It Its Millions Of People On Here That's Asking For Insight! I'm Not Here To Make Anything Hard For Anybody My One Post Is Making It Hard, Okay Apologizes I'm Actually A Nice Person. But You Must Of Read My Whole Response. I'm Not Here To Go Back & Fourth With Anyone About This Once Again The Topic Was On " The Bill Nye " Check It Out :wink:
  • antoinette1114
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This seems to be a good time to remind members there's an 'ignore' button on here. No more "textspeak" to read when it's not in an actual text if you select it. Problem=solved. :)

Thank You ! But I'm Pretty Sure If You Text Speak It Will Read It. Try It & Let Us Know ! Oh & Check Out Bill Nye :wink:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I wonder if Bill Nye would approve.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I can't even....
  • antoinette1114
    Options
    Thank You For That . I Just Said This To Someone I Think That Is The Hardest Part About Weight Loss Is The Lack Of Education Not Only About Nutrition But Our Bodies ( Simply Saying What Works For Someone May Not Work For Me ) It Definitely Is A Learning Process . Which I Am Learning During My Journey . I'm Adding You . We Just Became Friends Lool ;)

Why Are You Starting Every Word With A Capital?? (man, that was annoying just typing one sentence like that!)

We Can't Please Everyone Huh ;) WILL MY CAPITALS AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIVING HUN ! Oh Okay Have A Great Day ! :*

Here's the deal. I know everyone is not perfect at spelling or grammar and calling out small mistakes can be a bit overboard, but in general good grammar helps in conveying messages. It's much easier to receive and give information when it's presented in proper form - or something close. I can read what you're saying, but the form is distracting. Why post and communicate in a way that distracts from your actual message?

this! exactly this! (and just for the record, it wasn't just this thread OP typed like this - it's a bunch of them)

Well Good Thing I'm Not The Only One Who Does It Wheww Lol . But You Don't Have To Read It People Pick It Choose On Here Like Everywhere Else Who They Want To Help " In This Case I Was Looking For Insight On The Bill Nye Show " You Could Have Skipped Right Over My Post " Life Goes On ! I Hope Your Having A Great Wednesday :smile: But If You Get A Chance Check It Out Let Me Know Or Not !

You Misread What I Wrote - I Meant YOU (the OP) Wrote Like This In All Your Threads - Not Just This One.

Curious - If You Work Or Go To School, Do You Type Reports Like This As Well?

From 1 Of My Earlier Post I Stated "Text" Like That For A Reason I've Been Doing It For So Long Hun !! From Being Out Of School From 2011-17 I Was Able To Obtain An A & A- & One Was A Psychology Class & I'm A Nursing Assistant At A Hospital Commuication Is A Must, But That's Irrelevant Also But I Hope It Answered Your Question Lovely
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Hi! What's this thread about?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Ill just leave this here:

fad/
    noun
    an intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived and without basis in the object's qualities; a craze.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't even....

Have you tried odd? I hear it's easier...

OP- No, I haven't as I don't have Netflix. I wonder if I can get it some other way.

I have to say, I did Google who bill nye was, it seems virtually everyone knows who he is in America but in the UK he's not that well known. Mind you, there must be a lot of British people other nations don't know about. Mr. Blobby for example.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the gal who uses random punctuation... anybody remember?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Reminds me of the gal who uses random punctuation... anybody remember?

She is still around, at least she was recently.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a good time to remind members there's an 'ignore' button on here. No more "textspeak" to read when it's not in an actual text if you select it. Problem=solved. :)

Where is the ignore button? All I see are flat, quote, insightful, inspiring, like, awesome, and the wonderful new woo.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Where is the ignore button? All I see are flat, quote, insightful, inspiring, like, awesome, and the wonderful new woo.

If you click on a person's profile, which it brings up the profile pictures, there are two options: Send Message or Ignore.