Did it 127 lbs gone - 5 more lbs to go!

Options
TaraCook1
TaraCook1 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
Wow, it has been a year, well over a year I started by journey on April 19, 2017 with a goal for 133 lbs to loose and today I have lost 127. I have been at the same weight since May 15 and it is frustrating however I look at where I am and I can't be happier.

Weight loss is really about a lifestyle change and that is it. After fighting my weight for years, dieting and the fitness trends, the only thing that worked was consistency in my exercise and clean eating.

So what did I do, I found a fitness routine I loved! Yep at 42 years old I took up combative kickboxing and MMA, I supplement with swimming, circuit training and yoga. I was so scared but I walked into the kickboxing studio really over weight, the biggest in the gym at 260 lbs and I just started. A year later at 135 lbs I am one of the fittest in the gym and have practically no sagging skin accept around my stomach (but I have 4 kids) and my breasts need to be lifted (I went from a 44 H to a 36 DD).

My diet consists of no sugar (except natural sugar in fruits and veggies), no flour, breads, and high protein. I eat very clean, everything I cook are whole foods, no process foods. The closest I get to processed foods in the protein shakes and bars I eat, however even those are clean and vegan, no sugar and very low net carbs.

My fitness pal has been a lifesaver it keeps me on track and accountable to everything I put in my mouth. For those just starting out or on their journey, stick with it, it is worth it!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!