Options
kendravm
kendravm Posts: 10 Member
Hello. My name is Kendra. I just turned 40 and I think it's time to get in shape. I'm only 5"2 and 127 lbs. My goal weight right now is 120 but I'm more concerned with my fat %. I would love to gain muscle and lose fat. I'm walking 4 mph every other day... and doing yoga on the other days. I plan on adding some free weights but right now I just want to get in better shape and in a regular routine. I have been doing a lot of reading about losing fat... and gaining muscle but to be honest..... it's confusing to me. Then throw in the net calories... lol
My true goal is to be lean and curvy....... I welcome any pointers you all may have!!!
Be Well

Replies

• tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    well if muscle is the goal (which will also help lose fat) then free weights are the way to go. You should try and do about 45 minutes of cardio per day!!!!! Make sure you have that heart rate up. Use light weight and do many repetitions as that will tone your muscles. if you can, do your weight routine right after cardio. Im no guru but this has always worked for me
  • drummergirl4him
    Options
    welcome!