Anyone 5feet or under with success stories?

Options
Hi all, I've been on here a while, lost some weight, around 40 lb and I'm 4'11 but I need to see some success stories and pictures from us little ones to keep me going as I am stalling and still have some way to go!
Thank you!

Replies

• jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm tagging too
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    5' here too. Was successful in losing over 100lbs from 2011-2012. I don't have any pics to upload since I'm at work but I slowly gained about 65lbs back over the years (happy marriage!). I'm currently down 20lbs since Feb and weigh in again July 1. Will post progress then.
  • georginasanders328
    georginasanders328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', started in 230s. 110 today. I have 10 more to go, I think. No pics, but just a quick post to let you know it's do-able. :smile:

That's amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • georginasanders328
    georginasanders328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures ladies! Can I ask what everyone's calories are? I find being little I have to have low calories to loose weight, very low infact. I can't be doing 1500 etc lol!
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures ladies! Can I ask what everyone's calories are? I find being little I have to have low calories to loose weight, very low infact. I can't be doing 1500 etc lol!

I'm on1200 calories a day.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 2 and mfp gave me 1250- but I do 1350 -even if it takes a little longer- usually lose .05 to 1lb each week
  • Happyhippie1724
    Happyhippie1724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following! I'm going to try tracking cals tomorrow for the first time. Im 4'9 and wondering if 1200 is going to work being so petite, I wear a heart rate monitor and burn around 250 or 300 cals through exercise which I think would actually make my daily cals less then 1200, with all the never go below 1200 talk I'm kind of confused on what to do.
  • J_Squared_77
    J_Squared_77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ... with all the never go below 1200 talk I'm kind of confused on what to do.
    Disclaimer: I'm not a nutritionist. That being said this has been of particular interest to me as well due to my height and so I have looked into it quite a bit.
    Where the 1200 number comes from is because it becomes extremely difficult to get all of the nutrients needed on anything less than an intake of 1200 calories a day.
    What wasn't obvious to me initially is that it is an intake of 1200, not a net after exercise of 1200.
    So unless you are super sedentary, you can still eat 1200 and then exercise enough to bring your net down to 1000, which will speed up how quickly you lose weight, or possibly in your case, if you lose at all. At 4' 9" your a few inches shorter than me so I'm not sure what the right amount is for you - mine is 1100. The good news is that since you have the heart rate monitor you can determine what your resting heart rate is. Then you can use that number to determine how many calories you burn just by existing. Once you know that, you can determine how many net calories you need.
    If you eat the same amount of calories as the amount you burn from existing and do not engage in any exercise then you will stay at the same weight. If you don't exercise and eat more than what you burn from existing then you will gain weight and if you eat less you will lose weight. If you exercise, then you get reduce your gross calorie total by however many calories you've burned, which is how you can eat 1200 calories and still be on a 1000 calorie diet. :)
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how you are eating. I do low carb as I have never found anything else that has been sustainable for me personally. I'm now down below 170 as of this morning. I don't really watch my calories a ton but I am generally anywhere from 700/800 calories to 1600. I always try to get in at least 1000 calories but some days I just don't. I average about 1200-1300 calories. But I have added fasting beyond 24 hrs into my life. I did a 36 hour Fast a few weeks ago and tonight I will have completed a 72 hour Fast. I intermittent fast almost everyday where I Fast between 16-18 hours. Doing all this has helped me lose 60 lbs in just under 10 months. But it works for me and almost cured my gallbladder issue and might have if I hadn't ended up getting pretty bad pancreatitis due to a stuck gallstone that landed me in the hospital for 5 days. I have now added in consistent exercise as well and I feel stronger. All in all I don't worry about calories but if you are 1200 is fine for us little ones as long as you are eating fresh veggies, plenty of protein, and gut healthy foods.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Bumping this!
    I'm 4'9" and would love to see more shorty success :)
  • mommyvictor
    mommyvictor Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Im 4'11" and I've lost over 30 lbs. I had cut out carbs for a while and I was working out about 30-45 min daily, but I started to eat bread again and it has been working against me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!