Bluetooth Headphones - recommendations?

Options
JeepHair77
JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
Yes, I should be able to do this without hand-holding, but I am NOT great with electronics.

I'm finally going to suck it up and get some bluetooth headphones, even though I swore I never would. I have nothing but trouble with all things wireless, and I really love the ease of plugging something in and having it just WORK.

That said, a pair of waterproof bluetooth for the pool would be fantastic, and would be convenient for the gym, too. So. What's your favorite pair? Easy to use? Comfortable? Waterproof? Not outrageously expensive?

For what it's worth, I use a Samsung Galaxy S5, although I'm likely to upgrade to my work-issued Google Pixel full time in the next few months.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I have used the Plantronics Back Beat Fit headphones. You can probably find them for under $70 these days. They are not the highest rated I have found, but I have found them to be easy to use with acceptable sound quality.

They are light, they pair easily. If you install the software on your phone, you can switch them from one device to another without disconnecting your Bluetooth on one device. They are sweat resistant (don't know if there are any BT headphones that are water proof). The do not block out all surrounding sounds, which is actually a plus when wearing them for outside running or walking. The buttons are easy to find and use. For me, they do the job, which is to be simple and reliable, since many BT headphones can be finicky.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    skullcandy.com/earbuds/wireless-earbuds/INKDBT.html#XWEk4AGsEujLCLyY.97

you can buy them at walmart. if you are running, the around the neck ones I find to be most comfortable.
  • MrsBoney12
    MrsBoney12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0V8HDY/ref=twister_B01NANKBEJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are awesome. Completely wireless earbuds. They have several different attachments that "lock" them into your ear. One set even keeps them in while running! I've used them since March, almost daily, and I have zero complaints!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    I have used the Plantronics Back Beat Fit headphones. You can probably find them for under $70 these days. They are not the highest rated I have found, but I have found them to be easy to use with acceptable sound quality.

They are light, they pair easily. If you install the software on your phone, you can switch them from one device to another without disconnecting your Bluetooth on one device. They are sweat resistant (don't know if there are any BT headphones that are water proof). The do not block out all surrounding sounds, which is actually a plus when wearing them for outside running or walking. The buttons are easy to find and use. For me, they do the job, which is to be simple and reliable, since many BT headphones can be finicky.

I have these too and I'm obsessed with them. Pairing is easy, they're durable and water resistant (not water proof though, not for the pool), allow some ambient noise and the battery lasts me at least a week between charges. Plus they never budge, get pretty darn loud, and work really well for taking calls while I'm running or cycling too. Worth every penny and then some for me.
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

you can buy them at walmart. if you are running, the around the neck ones I find to be most comfortable.

I have a different set from Skullcandy and I have had to replace it twice already. It sounds nice and has good bass but is not worth the hassle in warranty returns.
  • NoSpam312
    NoSpam312 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried several bluetooth headphones over the years, and these by far are my favorites for several reasons. 1: Volume level is not OSHA approved, it is capable of getting loud enough that you can actually hear it while walking on a sidewalk with traffic going by. 2: Comfortable, with many included ear gel options and different size wings to hold them firmly in your ear, which is a contributing factor to... 3: Bass, these have the full range of sound all the way from good crisp highs all the way to good ear throbbing bass. 4: Phone quality, inbound and outbound voice are very good for stereo headphone bluetooth vs a headset that it's primary function is phone calls. 5: Bluetooth range is good, I've had other brand name headsets that will cut out when your phone is in your pocket, let alone sitting on a table across the room, these have held the connection well and don't cut out. It also includes an actual headphone cable that you can use to plug it into your headphone jack for when the battery is dead or your device doesn't have bluetooth capabilities.

They are available on Amazon for about $20. The only downside is that the battery good, but not as good as some other headsets I've had, and the controls for advancing tracks is a bit wonky compared to other headsets that have dedicated buttons for controlling and navigating the music.

I highly recommend them. Those who have reviewed them on Amazon tend to agree. They're rated 4+ stars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGVVV8Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    NoSpam312 wrote: »
    I have tried several bluetooth headphones over the years, and these by far are my favorites for several reasons. 1: Volume level is not OSHA approved, it is capable of getting loud enough that you can actually hear it while walking on a sidewalk with traffic going by. 2: Comfortable, with many included ear gel options and different size wings to hold them firmly in your ear, which is a contributing factor to... 3: Bass, these have the full range of sound all the way from good crisp highs all the way to good ear throbbing bass. 4: Phone quality, inbound and outbound voice are very good for stereo headphone bluetooth vs a headset that it's primary function is phone calls. 5: Bluetooth range is good, I've had other brand name headsets that will cut out when your phone is in your pocket, let alone sitting on a table across the room, these have held the connection well and don't cut out. It also includes an actual headphone cable that you can use to plug it into your headphone jack for when the battery is dead or your device doesn't have bluetooth capabilities.

They are available on Amazon for about $20. The only downside is that the battery good, but not as good as some other headsets I've had, and the controls for advancing tracks is a bit wonky compared to other headsets that have dedicated buttons for controlling and navigating the music.

I highly recommend them. Those who have reviewed them on Amazon tend to agree. They're rated 4+ stars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGVVV8Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the review, and the price is definitely right!

So none are waterproof? I know a friend of mine is using his bluetooth headphones in the pool, so I'll ask what he has, but I'll bet he paid a fortune for them, and I'm unwilling.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Azdak wrote: »

I have these too and I'm obsessed with them. Pairing is easy, they're durable and water resistant (not water proof though, not for the pool), allow some ambient noise and the battery lasts me at least a week between charges. Plus they never budge, get pretty darn loud, and work really well for taking calls while I'm running or cycling too. Worth every penny and then some for me.

I have these too, and I think they are great! Long battery, don't block out all noises so you can be aware of your surroundings, have great sound quality, charge up quickly, stay put in your ear (which has always been a problem for me with other kinds of headphones/earbuds), sweat resistant, etc.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have used a bunch of Bluetooth headphones. The cheapo Bluetooth work but they usually have some kind of issue that just irrates me like one going out, don't stay in place, or something. I haven't seen anything reasonable that you could use in a pool.

But the best fitting and sounding headphones I have used are the LG Force. (Not sure if it's Force 2 or just Force)
    They have a support that fits over your ear and they won't come out regardless of what kind of workout. I have done handstand push ups with them in place.

I got them online for $40(new). Not bad for a name brand product.
  • JeepHair77
    Options

Oooh, and they claim waterproof. I'm checking this out, too. Thanks!
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

cecekay19 wrote: »
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

I have a different set from Skullcandy and I have had to replace it twice already. It sounds nice and has good bass but is not worth the hassle in warranty returns.

I have these and they charging port corroded with rust. I can only assume it's caused by my profuse sweating. I also had to tuck the hard pieces into my sports bra straps because it hurt too much bouncing on my collar bone.