Not losing weight.

Options
I'm not losing weight on what i've currently been eating. I seriously can't see why :/
can people look at my food diary and suggest what i should do?.
i have EDNOS.. so im not going to eat anymore than i already am. it'll trigger binges and purging. which isn't good. :/

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what EDNOS is but you are not eating enough. Im not trying to be mean =/ Your body will not be able to survive off of such a small amount of food. Maybe try to eat a little more everyday... or maybe high calorie foods?
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    if i dont lose weight at 1200 calories then im not going to eat more. i gain at 1400...
    ednos is an eating disorder not otherwise specified. for me its anorexia and bulimia tendancies.
    i cant eat more. im already pushing myself to my limit.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is always to add the sodium tracker to your food diary. From what I saw after a brief peek, your sodium may be high, and that would cause water retention.

And yes, you need to up the calories a little - not much, just a little! Not giving your body enough fuel makes it think that there is no food available, causing it to want to store EVERYTHING it can, and not lose anything.

Unless, of course, you are eating things you aren't tracking... in that case, track EVERYTHING.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Have you consulted a therapist to help with the EDNOS and dieting? Although, since you're calling it EDNOS you probably have. There are behavioral techniques to help.
  • lehcimrocks
    lehcimrocks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the past week you went over on calories quite a few times. If you do the math, it almost equals an write day of food over. Try to stick as close as possible to that 1200 calories. Also, it looks like you are eating a lot of high sodium food like prepackaged & McDonald. Try to limit sodium.
  • Throlas
    Throlas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, you have to eat at least 1200 calories per day to keep your body above "starvation mode", where it burns muscle because it's easier to burn and burns whatever gets taken in instantly. You have to make sure you are at 1200.

I saw a couple days where you were over also, and the reason you were over was eating stuff that may not be helping the weight loss goal. Limiting those helps too.

A couple things that has worked very well for me is eating a bigger breakfast with a smaller dinner, and trying to snack between meals. The snacks keep your metabolism going and if your bigger meal is the first meal, you have more time to burn it off during the day.
  • FaithHopeTrust
    Options
    my sodium is low.
    i track everything.
    everything (majority) i eat is low in sodium because heart issues run in the family... i dont even season my food with salt.
  • FaithHopeTrust
    Options
    i eat one or two unhealthy things per day.
    i lose more weight by not eating ANYTHING for a week. i dont go into starvation mode unless i fast for a week straight.. trust me. i know a lot about it.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My first guess is that you aren't eating enough calories, your calories are more toward the end of your day, and you are not eating enough protein.

I hate eating breakfast and it looks like you don't like to either but I know when I eat something even if it's just a yogurt and piece of fruit I don't pack in the calories so much later in the day...

Since you don't want to eat MORE food try to find food that have more protein and calories in small portions... Get more bang for your buck so to speak.

Since you have ENDOs you really should be working with a dietician and therapist...

Good luck to you!
  • FaithHopeTrust
    Options
    ive not once had mcdonalds!!
    or prepacked (except for snacks) food.
    the fries i had was just the same calories to what i ate. not from mcdonalds :(
    i dont eat from people who kill animals.
    my diet is low sodium .
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    what is your height and weight? that might have something to do with it
  • makaylajane
    Options
    more fruits, veggies and water.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Maybe consult a doctor or nutritionist?