Doctor says NO MILK,NO CHEESE, NO MEAT.. now what??

Options
2»

Replies

• Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'd supplement almond milk/coconut milk/rice drink for the milk.
    Also, there are really good alternatives to meat nowadays.. a few products I love are Gardein <3<3<3, and Morningstar. It's a bit of a transition, but soooooo yummy.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are both allergic to milk, meat and nuts. We do coconut milk, coconut yogurt, coconut ice cream. BTW coconut stuff does not taste like coconut so you can cook with it and not worry about it tasting like coconut. We use a lot of beans, fruit and veggies. I do eat morning star and boca stuff, she can not as it has wheat and she is allergic, and those are good meat subs when you are really craving some meat.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    When I was having bad stomach problems, couldn't eat without throwing up, let alone even the thought of food made me sick. The doctor put me on the B.R.A.T diet, basically bananas, rice (plain white) applesauce and toast. It's rough but it will help your stomach and maybe even your diet. Good luck, I know it sucks but at least your doctors has some clue as to whats wrong with you. Mine never found anything wrong with me and I was sick for over 2 months and it comes an goes periodically.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nuts, fish and beans will help. They've got the protein sources you'll be missing. Possibly eggs, if those are ok? Obviously you still have all your starchy foods.. potatoes, bread, rice, other grains... Remember there are plenty of butter substitutes made entirely from vegetable oil too.

you can also make ghee (from butter). It removes the milk solids when done properly so you don't have to cut butter (if you treat it).
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    He said those items are harder for the gall bladder to break down or to contract so it makes you really ill and feel like your going to be sick after you eat those items. I had a couple days where I didn't have no appetite and had nausea, but when I ate something it would make it worse. So off to the doctor I went lol.. Also having upper right side pain in my stomach. Thanks every one for the tips and advice I will surely take it all in. Gives me more to work with now. Thank you. I'll keep everyone posted if they would like.

The gall bladder stores bile, which emulsifies fats. Its the fats that are the problem, and not the protein.