help need ideasss

Options
Hey guys,

So I did NOT have the best day yesterday. Who knew pasta calories could add up so quickly? Managed to get blindsided and went WAY over my goal, and ive never really gone over before (I eat my exercise calories, though). Anyway, I decided after that to go for a run (I'd been kinda wanting to regardless) even though I already exercised yesterday, but I figured I could try to offset some of the calories I went over...something's better than nothing right? Especially when there's already an itch to run.

Anyway, 7 minutes into my run I was on a sidewalk in the residential area only a few blocks from my house and it was dark out. Part of the sidewalk was uneven and I somehow managed to trip on it and went flying. I thought I just got scraped at first, but once the adrenaline wore off and I had some light to check it out, I saw that a deep gash had been made in my knee ripping of flesh. Anyway, today I went to the doctor to figure out how to take care of it til it heals, they bandaged it up all nice, and she told me I am NOT to do any exercise that bends my knee for at least 5 days, including riding my bike which is my main source of transportation. I can't even go to work tomorrow (I teach swim lessons).

So my question is, anyone have any ideas of exercise I could do that doesn't require bending my knee? I will now be walking everywhere so I guess I can log that as exercise? It should take me a while to walk everywhere so it wouldn't be completely insignificant.

I'm also going home to visit family this weekend and that usually involves going out to eat so I really need calorie burning ideas! Although I realize no matter what I will be much more limited that way than before.

Let me know if you have any ideas please!!!
Laura

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll probably sound stupid saying this because you teach swimming, but when I injured my knee, I still was able to swim a lot and log calories.
  • motherof3brats
    motherof3brats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would try just lifting some weights anything to get your heart rate up should work. Just remember this is just a little bump in the road so if you can't do anything for 5 days just watch what you are eating and start running or walking again when you are better. Hope you great better soon!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How about excercises with dumbells or free weights for your arms. If you dont have any you can do gallon jugs with water. You can change the intensity by adding or substracting water.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, sit ups with twists at the top(you can leave your legs straight), leg lifts (laying on your side), Push ups (not on your knees of course), Jumping Jacks or jump rope kind of idea does not involve bending your knees, Plank, Walking like you said, you could lift weights that still burns calories, Hopefully that helps I know its not a lot but if you put it in a routine that could be a 30 minute workout.....8 to 12 reps of things and it will help tone :)
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world where running is not an option! *lol* If I run I fall on my face, don't know why...walking at a brisk pace though is good, and hun stay where it is lit! Don't want to do the other knee in, or worse break something...Feel better soon, and start walking...
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    Punches are a great way to get in cardio.