Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Struggletown

Last year I went on a health kick and lost 10kg. I've since put back on 3kg and although 3kg isn't much I am really struggling to lose it this time. So two weeks ago I started to calorie count, which started off easy but this week I am finding that I am constantly hungry and constantly craving sweet foods! It seems every day this week I have gone over my 1200 calories by 100-300 calories and I cant seem to get back on track.

What food is fulfilling and still low on calories?

Any tips for getting this back on track?

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Celery, Cucumber, Salad
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Have a look at this article - I find that low fat yoghourt works for me, but it depends on your personal taste.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13891620

When I was on 1200 calories a day allowance, I found it virtually impossible to stay within that limit - I love my food! I found the only way to succeed was to build exercise into my daily routine - burning off 100-300 calories is easy, if that's all you're missing your target by. A decent walk will do it, particularly if you walk briskly. Doing that, I was able to meet my target weight loss within a couple of months,despite never managaing 1200 calories a day (always eating more).
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    apples are not bad, reduce hunger signals so they say and full of fiber. Bananas are very satisfying and sweet also. whole wheat bread with a bit of sugar free jelly? I know not all of these are low in cal BUT they are high in fiber. Personally I would rather eat something tasty and be satisfied then something I didnt really like and still be hungry. So I try to find the happy middle. If it is not low in calories it MUST be high in fiber or keep my happy for several hours. try to pair each meal like this, a little bit of good fats like olive oil, avacado or natural nut butters, a really good source of fiber like beans or broccoli etc, protein (can also be your fats if you choose fish) and since you crave sweets fruit even canned peaches with cottage cheese is really satisfying to me. Oh I keep sweet freedoms sugar free fat free fudge bars in my fridge for that late night attack so yummy and edy's natural creamy coconut fruit bars 120 cals for those and full of fiber (coconut is my weakness) hope this helps
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    I've been eating low fat mozzerella cheese sticks when I start to feel hungry. There only about 70 calories. Dont go over board though I eat about 2 a day.
  • cdee69
    cdee69 Posts: 2
    I have a terrible sweet-tooth and always find the cravings worse in the evenings. I have been making myself a Ryvita (fruit crunch) spread with Philly Light (just enough to cover it) and topped with sliced apple - you can fit around 4 slices on it and just eat the remainder of the apple. This is really filling and there's a lot of chewing/crunching involved so you feel you're being quite indulgent and it defo satisfies my sweet craving. The wee spread of cheese helps to keep you feeling full too. I even look forward to this at night - a kind of treat for being good all day!! p.s. Pink Lady apples are personal favourite! Good luck with getting back on track!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    I eat a wedge or two of the Laughing Cow light original Swiss cheese .. they are fast, 35 cals, and take away the hunger. Cheese sticks work for this as well. I also much on a handful of nuts.. even a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter! And as always fruit and veggies can help.:)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Nonfat greek yogurt. 10 calories/ounce and surprisingly tasty. Plus, protein! :) It's my go-to "sauce" and snack.
  • SmileBee
    SmileBee Posts: 7
    Like the sound of the ryvita with cheese and apple...yummy! I am always looking for new food ideas. thanks
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    I add 150grms mushrooms to most meals as they are very filling. Fry in a little 1 cal with some salt n pepper. Around 20 cals
    Or 2 ryvita crackerbreads spread with 1 laughing cow triangle with pineapple on top, savoury n sweet yum yum less than 100 cals
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    I would suggest trying chocolate flavored protein shakes with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter.......gives you the sweet you are craving, keeps you feeling full longer and the bonus is that it's gives you tons of energy!
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    I know so many people say this but it really is true. I cut out all sugary drinks, even the no/low cal drink mixes and drank only water and lots of it. I have pretty much no cravings now. Its awesome!
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    I have lite/low cal jelly every lunch to beat my sugar craving, its 7 calories for 125gms (Aeroplane Jelly Raspberry Flavour) Air popped home made popcorn is good for hunger too! I pop mine in a Tupperware rock and serve with no butter, I believe you ca also use a brown paper bag. Good luck! :smile:
  • Thanks for all suggestions! I think the jelly and ryvita snacks are the way to go!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    pink lady apples are my favorite also!