skinny.. but flabby

Options
im a good weight, a healthy weight. i'm skinny but its all flab. i do toning exercises 6 days a week, but its not working. sitting down, i still feel fat because ive still got a slight gut and stuff. it makes me feel like absoloute crap :( i feel like a fat girl in a skinny girls body.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    try weight training. It can really tone and firm you up. I recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. It's fantastic.
  • loveofabullet
    Options
    Don't obsess... happens to a lot of women after kids.
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well, you shouldn't. You have to learn to love your body. And if you wanna get rid of it eat more protein.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You have skin - and skin will fold when you sit

i had a friend (male) who was really thin (size 32waist) and 6'0 .. he thought he was fat - because when he sat down he had a small fold of skin/tiny bit of fat...

I dated someone who was 6'4 and 135lbs - he even had a little fold when he sat down -like i said - its flesh...

unless you work yourself to a 6 pack this will probably always be the case. ..

dont become too obsessed with this ! and dont push yourself too hard.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! But to tone up, I would recommend doing Jillian Michael's.. all of her DVDs are amazing. 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 are only 25-30 minutes long but really effective.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    OK so awhile back some people had this discussion and we found a site that gives a lot of ideas. They did say however it can take up to two years from your goal weight for things to go back to normal than after that you might have to look into things but here is the site hope it helps :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_2135049_loose-skin-after-weight-loss.html
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    You likely will need some real weight training.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Is it excess skin? you could have loose skin with fat underneath it like I do :(
  • mariewithers
    Options
    Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do the fat deposits just will not go. If you've had children your body changes. If you have lost a lot of weight then you will have skin folds and fat deposits and you could exercise 10 hours a day and lift loads of weights but it will not go. The only option then is to accept you are healthy and fit or have surgery.
  • lfirman
    lfirman Posts: 5
    Options
    I found swimming was great for toning my entire body. Nothing intense, just water jogging or aerobics. It's resistance training, you don't sweat and it's fun.
  • Bunnybadwife
    Bunnybadwife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Toning exercises will only tone your muscles. You need to do cardio to lose the fat.

Good luck to us both. xx
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    have you tried the skin tightening applicators? i use the it works ones! you can check them out at http://alishatalsma.itworks.net they are great for women that have had kids and stretched the skin out and help reduce the appearance of scars, cellulite and stretch marks! if you have lost weight and have loose skin they help to tighten, tone and firm the skin back up. Good luck!