Insanity or P90X?

Options
Which one is better for a beginner (I do Tae Bo, Jackie Warner and Jillian): Insanity or P90X? Any helpful information would be great.

Replies

• dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Both are made as "advanced" programs, and I really don't think either one is geared toward a beginner. I've seen beginners attempt and succeed with each one, but it really speaks to their drive and inability to "give up." If you have that willpower, do whichever looks more interesting. Insanity is more cardio, P90X includes specific weight training routines. Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I'm a beachbody coach and willing to help.
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    definitely without a doubt, P90X!! even after P90X, some people still aren't ready for Shaun T., he's on another level!!
  • maddy136
    maddy136 Posts: 3
    Options
    For a beginner P90X will be HARD, but I noticed results in my body within a week of doing it! If your up for the challenge P90X all the way!
  • jen_the_great
    jen_the_great Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I jumped into Insanity and ended up begrudgingly liking it. It was a commitment and quite tough (some of the stuff I still couldn't do at the end of 2 months), but it becomes part of your routine. I finished it once and tried starting again and couldn't get back into it though. I've heard that Insanity is better for cardio and P90x for strength training, but I've never tried p90x myself.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Start with P90X.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I'd say P90X. I also was a JW devotee, then went to P90X, still not ready for INsanity (not sure if I every will be - i've watched my sister do it and wanted to die on her behalf!). I still am quite challenged by the Plyo workout in P90X, and Insanity looks to me like Plyo on crack :tongue: